Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Why remove the trailer scenes?
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Why remove the trailer scenes?

I'm not surprised, I can barely hear it even when I play back the individual .ogg file from the install directory Tongue

\Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs\redist\sounds\player\gameplay\
09-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

I might ask a very stupid question, but which .ogg file has the new terror meter sound ?

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
09-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

ui_terror_meter.ogg
ui_terror_meter_tesla.ogg

Smile
09-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Find
Nospheratu Offline

Threads: 1

(09-19-2013, 05:37 PM)Xss Wrote: Oh, and the Telsa Pig?...I thought a pig from a Zelda game escaped and was now trapped in a Nazi lab for Wolfenstein.

Lol, the scene with the balcony and the Tesla pig beneath made me instantly remember going through the X-Labs years ago, good times Big Grin

On topic: the earlier response of the Chinese room has actually put a lot of things about TMFP in to perspective for me now, so thanks for that i guess. I was gonna write more on that, but nah... Suffice to say, you have pretty much achieved your goal.

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM by Nospheratu.)
09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

We will just have to recreate it our selves. Amnesia the machine for MODS.

Really feel like there is potential to tell more of the story and extend the base game with more exploration and more puzzles and such.

Definitely gonna try and mess about with the editor, when its gets updated for Machine for pigs set pieces.
09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Find
Juvat Offline

Threads: 0

(09-18-2013, 09:34 PM)droog Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 07:31 AM)jens Wrote:
Spoiler below!

There is a pig encounter in the cage area. Not the "scene pig" but an actual encounter. You get the encounter depending on how you play after having been there the first time.

Same with the other storage section making you go see the kids running through the hall...

Anybody here who played it a second time and got this encounter? I am on my second playthrough and now I have passed this part. No encounter. I'm curious what you have to do to get the sighting. I hope jens meant the cage part in the level with the centrifuge. Big Grin
I saw the 3 parts of the centrifuge and thought I was missing one. I was turned around in this section because the levels change
Spoiler below!

When you go to the cold storage you approach from the right, when you leave this hallway is no longer there and you are required to go to the left (the Hallway physically changes) so you can do the stupid scripted chase scene.

So I went back through the "holding cells" section looking for a third canister. I did hear a monster spawn... after I was in the hallway leaving the holding cells... I didn't bother turning around to go find it so I didn't even see it in the said encounter.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 04:54 PM by Juvat.)
09-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-20-2013, 03:45 PM)RMJ Wrote: We will just have to recreate it our selves. Amnesia the machine for MODS.

Really feel like there is potential to tell more of the story and extend the base game with more exploration and more puzzles and such.

Definitely gonna try and mess about with the editor, when its gets updated for Machine for pigs set pieces.

Um how? Recreating the maps in ATDD?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

(09-20-2013, 04:57 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 03:45 PM)RMJ Wrote: We will just have to recreate it our selves. Amnesia the machine for MODS.

Um how? Recreating the maps in ATDD?

Yeah people are already now opening Machine for Pigs levels in dark descent. Once Dark descents editor gets updated, we should be able to open fully and play the levels as custom stories in dark descent.

unless ive totally misunderstood something.
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

alright i've had this project which is basically recreating the levels of the trailers, I'm calling it Amnesia - This Industrialized World.

I Can't do much until the update is out.

The International Narcotics Traffic
09-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

(09-20-2013, 05:59 PM)jeVonns Wrote: alright i've had this project which is basically recreating the levels of the trailers, I'm calling it Amnesia - This Industrialized World.

I Can't do much until the update is out.

That sounds pretty awesome, if that is possible.
09-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Find