Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What the hell happened in the dining room?!
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1
What the hell happened in the dining room?!

I'm talking about the flashback in the dining room with a woman yelling out loud and people clapping?

The audio file is Sounds/Events/Mansion/afx_mansion_dining_room_kill_flashback.ogg

I have to admit it was one of the best screams of pain I heard in a video game. And the sound of claps really intrigued me.

Any thoughts?
09-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

RE: What the hell happened in the dining room?!

Personally...

I thought she was vivisected in public as a sick show for a crowd by Mandus.
09-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

It sounds kind of like laughter to me.

The theme of the level was "A banquette for lillibeth" I think, maybe it was a surprise party and she got surprised?

It's a lot harder to tell what the "slashing" noise is.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-18-2013, 04:51 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

I remember hearing sounds of violence as you enter the dining room, and assumed that it was memories of Mandus capturing his guests. But then I think back to the pictures of sadomasochism between the walls, and I wonder if this was just another form of depraved entertainment for the 'gentleman's club'.
09-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

I'm sure I read a note regarding the banquet in Oswalds mansion.

EDIT:

October 24th 1899
We have set aside an entire wing of the mansion for their parties, we invite them from near and far, and we guzzle them in with fine wine and the finest cuts in all of London. My god Mandus, but these chops are rather divine, who is your butcher?Feed them up, for the wine and the grains will also lend a character to the product, keep the flesh relaxed. Opium in the champagne and gravy. A hog roast every night for the Duke and the Duchess! An actress battered and sliced! An artisan in every mouthful! An importer of fine teas stewed in his own leaves! They bicker and breed under the table, by the fireplace, on the carpet stained with wine and fat, whilst long dead nobles of deformed grace and cold stare watch them from gilded frames along the crooked walls.We will hose it down later, as we shovel them into our machine.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM by Draug.)
09-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

(09-18-2013, 10:20 AM)droog Wrote: I'm sure I read a note regarding the banquet in Oswalds mansion.

EDIT:

October 24th 1899
We have set aside an entire wing of the mansion for their parties, we invite them from near and far, and we guzzle them in with fine wine and the finest cuts in all of London. My god Mandus, but these chops are rather divine, who is your butcher?Feed them up, for the wine and the grains will also lend a character to the product, keep the flesh relaxed. Opium in the champagne and gravy. A hog roast every night for the Duke and the Duchess! An actress battered and sliced! An artisan in every mouthful! An importer of fine teas stewed in his own leaves! They bicker and breed under the table, by the fireplace, on the carpet stained with wine and fat, whilst long dead nobles of deformed grace and cold stare watch them from gilded frames along the crooked walls.We will hose it down later, as we shovel them into our machine.

THAT'S JUST SICK!!

Thank you very much =)
09-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I could not help but think of Sweeney Todd when I read that note.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
09-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
RiverPhlegethon Offline

Threads: 0

I honestly just thought it was a woman laughing really loudly while meat was being cut for serving, or something like that....though, all things considered, the meat was probably people. Not that they'd know that! Smile
12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

It's Mandus slaughtering his well-fed guests.
12-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Change Offline

Threads: 3

(09-18-2013, 10:20 AM)droog Wrote: I'm sure I read a note regarding the banquet in Oswalds mansion.

EDIT:

October 24th 1899

Pure justice...

It's either 50 trillion dollars to help the poor, or 50 million tons of "blue bloods".

That's my slogan(It's either your money or your flesh). Perhaps it will make society think twice about it's apathy and greed.(If something like this was actually done)

12-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Find