Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Map View is in a time warp
Silent Darkness Offline

Threads: 9
Map View is in a time warp

I seem to be having a serious problem with the Map View tool. I made a map with a room with a second level to it, lined up the primitives pretty damn good. Well, in the map editor, it shows up like in the first picture. However, in the Map View tool, it shows up as a far, far earlier version, no red fog at all, entire second floor is not there, period.

I KNOW I DELETED THAT MAP CACHE. I did several times, reloaded the scene, still the same. But, turns out like you can see in the second picture. Ingame, everything shows up like it should, however.

What's up with that? Kind of unintuitive for a map viewer.

Attached Files
.jpg   Mapview1.JPG (Size: 113.22 KB / Downloads: 109)
.jpg   Mapview2.JPG (Size: 80.95 KB / Downloads: 108)
09-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Map View is in a time warp

I've had that happen before. Only solution I've found is to rename the file

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
09-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

By what I know, it's possible that there are .map_cache in AppData, the invisible folder where temporal files are, though I don't know the exact path where these could be located.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Find
Silent Darkness Offline

Threads: 9

(09-18-2013, 06:38 AM)The chaser Wrote: By what I know, it's possible that there are .map_cache in AppData, the invisible folder where temporal files are, though I don't know the exact path where these could be located.

I just checked both ApplicationData and AppData. Nothing. Not even an Amnesia folder.

(09-18-2013, 05:52 AM)Kiandra Wrote: I've had that happen before. Only solution I've found is to rename the file

Seems to have worked. Now there's something I want to see patched. Maybe Frictional should also fix the map viewer along with including AMFP content.

EDIT: ACH! I figured out the problem. I had a earlier version of the map in a seperate folder in redist/maps. Deleting that fixed the problems.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM by Silent Darkness.)
09-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Find