Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Can't enter the last level *Spoilers inside*
SliceAndDice Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago Help! Can't enter the last level *Spoilers inside*

Alright... I am almost finished and now this. Undecided

After the Bossfight with the huge "Pig" that can switch dimensions, there is this door that should lead to a loading screen and a new level. Whenever I click on this door, Mandus just stands there, frozen. I can access the exit menu but nothing else. I have waited for several minutes for something to happen but nothing did. I have also saved shortly after the fight and tried 5 times, but nothing.

The game was running flawlessly before, so what could cause this? Help is greatly apreciated since I really want to see the ending. Sad

[Image: 6A87A27E69ABC8FCEA7F94BFFC2DF22FE60B9F7E]

Edit: This is the door in question. ^ Tried troubleshooting via Steam but it couldn't find anything wrong. Mandus still can't go through that door...
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 09:17 PM by SliceAndDice.)
09-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Help! Can't enter the last level *Spoilers inside*

Sounds very odd, can't recall hearing something similar. I think you have to try and first do a file integrity check on the game in Steam, then you have to load the last save from before this level. If something was wrong on loading it the first time then chances are the save for the level is corrupted, so that is why loading a save from this level will not help.
09-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Website Find
SliceAndDice Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Help! Can't enter the last level *Spoilers inside*

Thanks for helping me, jens!
I actually tried what you said (Steam couldn't find anything wrong with the game Sad) and started from an older save file/another level but I still can't go on after the fight with Tesla... It's like that next level just doesn't exist.

It is very odd indeed and I couldn't find anything similar while searching the Internet. I'm completely at a loss here.
Do you think reinstalling would help the matter?

~Greetings from Germany~ Smile
09-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Please post the hpl.log (after you have had the crash). If is found in My Documents/Amnesia/Pig and also include your system specifications (mainly operating system and what graphics card).
09-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Website Find