Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(09-29-2013, 01:33 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-29-2013, 01:18 AM)clonerex340 Wrote: I didn't get any new entities or anything. Sad

Even if I did get new stuff, I can't find it!! Please help!!

That's because you were supposed to get the new assets from AAMFP. This update just updates the Editor suite.

Copy the AAMFP assets from Frictional Games/Machine For Pigs/ and paste them at Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/.

So if the update will be released, the assets will automatically be added to the HPL engine? I dont know how to copy the assets by myself the right way and i dont know if i installed the updated models from the file right...

Would be glad if the update could do that for me.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I noticed a small new bug:
When you first start the game and have to configure the gamma, moving the slider will continue the pre-menu.
09-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Find
clonerex340 Offline

Threads: 14

Okay. I found it.
09-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

(09-29-2013, 09:54 AM)BossPiggy Wrote:
(09-29-2013, 01:33 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-29-2013, 01:18 AM)clonerex340 Wrote: I didn't get any new entities or anything. Sad

Even if I did get new stuff, I can't find it!! Please help!!

That's because you were supposed to get the new assets from AAMFP. This update just updates the Editor suite.

Copy the AAMFP assets from Frictional Games/Machine For Pigs/ and paste them at Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/.

So if the update will be released, the assets will automatically be added to the HPL engine? I dont know how to copy the assets by myself the right way and i dont know if i installed the updated models from the file right...

Would be glad if the update could do that for me.

Okay here is an example, go to for example entities then furniture in amnesia a machine for pigs. Copy everything in the furniture section. Open up the furniture section in the dark descent and paste the copied entities into it. Then when you open up the editor you will have the entities in the furniture section form amfp.

You must do that for every category you want. Also if some sections crash there is something in the category that is causing the crash, for example a crash in the enemies tab i think is caused by putting dinky wretch into it.

Im sorry if that didnt make much sence, i tried my best to explain it.
Also if you dont know how to get to the amfp or atdd folders. If you installed it through steam go to your steam folder then steamapps. Im not sure where it is on the retail version.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
09-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Find
Shambles Offline

Threads: 4

Alright, I copied everything from pigs and am moving it to TDD. Was I only supposed to copy the folders, or should I have copied everything? Man, it's been a while since I toyed with this level editor.
09-30-2013, 01:54 AM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

(09-30-2013, 01:54 AM)Shambles Wrote: Alright, I copied everything from pigs and am moving it to TDD. Was I only supposed to copy the folders, or should I have copied everything? Man, it's been a while since I toyed with this level editor.

I pretty much merged the folders, for example merged the two furniture folders together, the two mansionbase folders together etc.... Also you need to put in the update that this thread is about i believe.

But you might want to back up or else it could be very difficult to undo the merge without uninstalling and reinstalling.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
09-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(09-30-2013, 02:43 AM)Tychaos Wrote: But you might want to back up or else it could be very difficult to undo the merge without uninstalling and reinstalling.
I figured that out the hard way... Like Tychaos said, back up (copy all the files to another location - you can turn them into a .rar or .zip if needed) the redist before you move all the AMFP files over. It'll save you a little bit of pain. And I mean *all* the redist files.
I'll quietly celebrate making the 111th post of this thread because I like that number. Don't mind me :p

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 06:52 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
09-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

I updated the first post with a step-by-step guide to get it all working.

Also, has anyone tried playing old mods or the campaign, does that seem to be working?

(09-27-2013, 11:06 PM)Kia Wrote: So, I'm still having problems with every editing suite program crashing immediately after launching. This didn't occur until after the update; I replaced the new files with the original version and it works fine, so this is an update problem. My computer's a Lenovo (PC) and the OS is Windows 7. Yes, my copy of Amnesia is legal :p

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

EDIT
I guess it's just me then D:

You could try installing the VC2010 redistributable.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM by Patrik.)
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
Zokrar Offline

Threads: 16

Will the full release include a version fo Mac?
(I didn't read every post here, so sorry if this question has been answered.)

09-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

I can't save mat-files or ent-files anymore :S Am I the only one having this problem?

There's no error message the material and model editor opens just fine. The file just doesn't save.

My mod Amadeus
09-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Find