Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download issues
dwreid55 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago download issues

I've searched for anyone else having this problem and have not been able to find a thread for this issue.

First:
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit on AMD 8 core processor with 16 GB RAM. My Internet service is via 6 MB DSL with static addressing.

The problem:
I purchased the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent via the Ubuntu software store. While other programs I've purchased or installed have downloaded and installed without problem, this one will not download. It will download a few meg of data then will simply stop. Eventually the download and install will timeout. I've now been trying to download and install the game for about 6 days. I've contacted my ISP and they have tested the connection and have confirmed that there is no problem with the DSL. I've used several of the speed testing services and they all show that my 6 meg DSL service is delivering a solid 5+ meg of real data transfer. Other sites and downloads continue to work just fine.

The question:
Is there another way to download or obtain the game? I'm sort of at a loss here for how to proceed. Any help is much appreciated.

David
10-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: download issues

Have you tried contacting Ubuntu Software Center customer support? You can email them directly here:

pay-support@canonical.com

It sounds like a problem at their end, rather than yours. If other apps download and install successfully, the problem most likely isn't with your system.

Let us know what they say and if you need any further assistance Big Grin
10-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Find
dwreid55 Offline

Thanks for the help. I did contact Canonical and they simply told me to "try using Steam". Of course the real problem is that I've already paid for the game and now seem to be out $20. Not the end of the world but a minor annoyance.

I did try downloading the demo from your website and it downloaded fine. That tells me that the problem is not mine.

Question:

Is there any way, that anyone knows of, to present some proof of purchase and then obtaining a key to download and install from the game's main site. That seems to download just fine. I know. I'm just being cheap.

Any help provided will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

David
10-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

First get your money back from Canonical. If you can't download the game you should be refunded. Then try another service, like Steam.
10-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Website Find
dwreid55 Offline

I like the way you think. I was coming to that conclusion as well. Thanks. You guys rock.
10-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Find