Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Work in progress Helena [TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED]
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Helena [DEMO RELEASED]

So the Helena demo has been released for about a week, with having just hit 160 downloads! So far feedback has been pretty good.

My main thing that I wish to bring up here and ask specifically to forum members: would it be better to transfer my work over to 3, or just stick with 2 for this one?

I've been contemplating sticking with 2, just for ease of access and not having to worry about copying Amnedia assets over; God knows there was enough hassel moving AMFP stuff.

But I'm hoping to hear from those who have been working with 3.

09-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Find
TheMasterRules Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

i can not find the download link.
Would love to see this story.
Any way where i can find the download link?
09-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-helena...elena-demo

There you go mate Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Find
TheMasterRules Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

(09-29-2015, 06:35 PM)Romulator Wrote: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-helena...elena-demo

There you go mate Smile

wow..
That was a quick response.
Thank you, i will try it tomorrow, i will have a review here for the story creator.
Looking forward to play!
09-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Look forward to it! Big Grin Thanks!

09-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Find
Dundle Offline

Threads: 1

Played through what I imagine is half way or more of the demo. (stopped after opening the widow's watch room.) Demo is pretty long!

The map design is nice, and the level aesthetic is great (the effects, lighting, shadowing.) Voice acting is mostly good. Story is intriguing enough to make it somewhat interesting, and its a lot better than your average custom story plot (unfortunately that's become to not mean a lot.)

Bookshelf puzzle with the 'lever' book needs to be more clear, took me 20 minutes of searching the huge mansion to find it. There doesn't seem to be any auto-save, so unless you manually save and quit, your progress is lost if you happen to get stuck or your game crashes (thanks to my poor video card, the game crashed and I don't feel like playing back up to that point.)

Otherwise, I think I like it! Nice use of MFP's assets. Gives a wider range of visual-type in a level.
10-25-2015, 11:43 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Actually you were not far off from the end.

For the bookshelf puzzle, I tried to make that as understandable as possible. When you approached the locked desk, the character says "I remember this can be opened. Wasn't it somewhere in this room?" and there is also the lit candle, meant to draw your attention to it.

I'm sorry to hear your game crashed. D: I will definitely look into adding in those auto saves.

10-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Find
Dundle Offline

Threads: 1

(10-27-2015, 06:22 PM)AGP Wrote: Actually you were not far off from the end.

For the bookshelf puzzle, I tried to make that as understandable as possible. When you approached the locked desk, the character says "I remember this can be opened. Wasn't it somewhere in this room?" and there is also the lit candle, meant to draw your attention to it.

I noticed that cue, but I had no idea whether "it" was referring to the thing that can "be opened" or the switch to open it. The candle didn't help at all, the mechanic was almost entirely undetectable. I had to start moving the crosshair over the books in that shelf to figure out one of them could be moved and was 'special.'

(10-27-2015, 06:22 PM)AGP Wrote: I'm sorry to hear your game crashed. D: I will definitely look into adding in those auto saves.

It literally happens constantly, had it happen every 3 mins while replaying through the main campaign. I'd say the problem is more relevant to me than most other people playing the CS. But they should be added, just in case - maybe only because this is one of the 'longer' demos and someone might exit without saving in preference for leaving off at the last presumed autosave.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2015, 07:01 AM by Dundle.)
10-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Wow.... It's been nearly a year since the last post on this thread! DX

I here to let you know that once again, Helena is not dead. With a lot of the projects I've been working on and work and personal life getting in the way, it's been harder to manage but not impossible.

In fact, I've started streaming my development on Helena and wish to invite to join in on the fun! Big Grin

I've been streaming it every Wednesday for the past couple of Wednesdays and plan to do so again tonight.

So please, come join me in helping to bring Helena to life! Big Grin

https://www.twitch.tv/auroraguiniverepri...ivereprice

10-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Helena [DEMO RELEASED & STREAMS]

Try to make sure this is released :3

Derp.
10-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Find