Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most beautiful moments of the game?
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
Most beautiful moments of the game?

Looking back on the game after finishing it, I personally see AMFP as absolutely beautiful in many rights, in the things it did well, it did them almost perfectly. I'm just curious to what parts stuck out to other people, since I like to see people discuss that stuff.

For me, any scene involving the "The Children" theme (the one heard at the end of the teaser and trailer) really struck me, as the few times it was used, the mood was captured perfectly (for example the Bilge flashback and Mandus ascending the facility after learning the truth behind everything) .

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
11-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Find
LordGubGub Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Most beautiful moments of the game?

Definitely near the end when Mandus walks up the steps in the underground temple and the Machine gives his final speech. Everything during that part was amazing.

I also really liked the scene when you restart the Machine. I believe it plays The Children theme during that part. It was really well done.
11-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

The descent into the Machine's heart gave a good glimpse of the sheer inhuman scale of the mechanical horror. There's also the Pig Nest, a macabre scene which engenders pity for your victims and reinforces the theme that pigs and humans are all too similar. For all Oswald's delusions about animals being innocent, the Pigs themselves contradict this: a larger Pig, perhaps a former upperclassman, will tread on the weaker wretches just because they get in his way.

The ending's impressive too. Not the ultra-violent festival of blood and entrails that I'd expected for the climax, but the execution of the final monologues continues to touch me. I suppose it's because the themes expressed - of future anxiety, the perpetuity of violence and victimization, destructive paternalism - are ones relevant to this day and transcend the digital nature of the computer game's use of mutant pigs.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 05:48 AM by Alardem.)
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

The Machine's final monologue moves me to tears.
Enoch and Edwin's appearance many times did the same, I had trouble looking at their faces.
As horrible as the pigs were, when you came across them playing with blocks, I couldn't help but mourn how they were made and why, all while the children's theme played.
The path down the conveyor belt toward the end drives home the horror of what Oswald's actions.
The ending cinema was brilliantly done.
Oswald's final monologue also moved me.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 02:59 AM by VaeVictis.)
11-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(11-08-2013, 12:26 AM)LordGubGub Wrote: Definitely near the end when Mandus walks up the steps in the underground temple and the Machine gives his final speech. Everything during that part was amazing.

This. The song "A child's shadow" is mind-blowing and was my favourtie part. Besides this part I also love the design of Oswald's mansion.
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

The encounter with the pig under the church.
That was freaking brilliant.
It's not beautiful visually... It's fearfully beautiful. I got pretty scared. Walking around, with that pig nearby. It was awesome.

Trying is the first step to success.
11-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Yeah, the final climb up the temple steps was a biggie. The music on its own is amazing, but with that monologue over the top of it...it's one of the best moments in any game for me.

The piggies in their cells was a strong moment, too. It was a little "on the nose" but it worked for me nonetheless.
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

At the end, when the rolling door opened and i heard and the opera girl singing I knew something epic was coming. And it was. ^^

This file has all voice+music together, from the door i mentioned to the end.
\sounds\music\temple\music_temple_reveal_integrated.ogg

The music at the end, epic too.
\sounds\music\temple\music_temple_end.ogg

11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I loved the big moving pistons!

was also pretty cool when you first opened a door outside in the second level and there was that completely different outside feel.
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The elevator descent with "Christ Have Mercy" playing in the background was the climax of the whole game for me. Glorious moment!

11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Find