Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normal and specular not added to moddel?
thomthom44 Offline

Threads: 6
Normal and specular not added to moddel?

I just realized that my moddels dont have any normal maps and specular, Just difuse. I've been working with the editor for a while now and its hurting my brain at the moment.

What I do:
-Create model in maya, Edit the UV's, and adding a lambert + the dds from the before created difuse as example. - Metro_Wall_01_CLR.dds which is located in the model folder in enteties.

-Then I triangulate it and export it with DEA-FBX exporter.

-Opening it with the model editor and its empty, Like always.. Then selecting the model and adding the material with the option on the side "Material"

At that point it looks good with normal and spec, But when I open it with model view it onley shows me the difuse. Also in the options the nrm and spec are not shown.

So its basicly a bare model, I could be doing somting wrong but if you see somting odd or have expierinced the same please comment Smile

[Image: moty-125.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 04:41 PM by thomthom44.)
11-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Normal and specular not added to moddel?

you need to add specular and normal map(or any other kind of non diffuse map) manually within the material editor
11-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

These are the steps:

You are doing well assigning the diffuse to the material. This is how your folder should look:

-model.dae
-model.ent (if entity is already made)
-model.dds (diffuse)
-model_nrm.dds (normal map)
-model_spec.dds (specular mao)
-model.mat

If you open it in model viewer, it'll create a material automatically, with the textures you have there (it detects the sufix "_nrm" and it adds it to the material).

However, if you open it in model editor, it will be invisible. That means you have to make your own material:

-Go to the material editor. Then, select the soliddiffuse option (this is for models usually, it might be different in other cases)
-Tick the diffuse, normal and specular boxes
-Assign the textures
-Save the material with the name of your diffuse

It should work now Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
thomthom44 Offline

Threads: 6

EDIT: SOLVED
Worked perfectly! Thank you very mutch :>

[Image: moty-125.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 04:40 PM by thomthom44.)
11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Website Find