Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Entity + Texture Question and Script problem
rean2 Offline

Threads: 1
Exclamation  Entity + Texture Question and Script problem

Hi!

Amnesia is an awesome game and as a fan of horror, it has inspired me to create some new custom stories. While working on 'Lights and Sounds' (working title), I have a few questions:

Some custom stories have custom entities, however they are not in the main game's entity folder, but in the custom story folder. I have placed my custom models in the main game because they show up in the editor. How do I place my entity models in the custom story folder and still place them in the level editor?

I also had a similar problem with textures. I think the textures disappeared if they weren't in the main game's textures folder.

I also have a problem with the script. I have a an object that can be created using the combine callback (which is in inventory.hps):

///////////////////////////////////
//SECOND FLOOR - COMBINE COPPER TUBE AND NEEDLE
void createBloodKey(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
    PlayGuiSound("15_make_hammer", 0.7f);

RemoveItem("hollow_needle"); RemoveItem("copper_tube");

GiveItem("", "copper_tube_and_needle", "copper_tube_and_needle", "copper_tube_and_needle.tga", 1);

SetMessage("Message", "createdbloodkey", 4);
}

//END SECOND FLOOR - COMBINE COPPER TUBE AND NEEDLE
///////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////
// Run at the start of the game.
void OnGameStart()
{
    //SECOND FLOOR//
    AddCombineCallback("", "hollow_needle", "copper_tube", "createBloodKey", true);
}

but when i tried to use the created copper_tube_and_needle on a door to unlock

void OnStart()
{
    AddUseItemCallback("usebloodkeyondoor", "copper_tube_and_needle", "room207door", "bloodkeyondoor", true);
}

void bloodkeyondoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
    SetMessage("Message", "debug0", 4);
    SetSwingDoorLocked("room207door", false, true);
    PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "room207door", 0, false);
    RemoveItem("copper_tube_and_needle");
}

It doesn't work, I even set a debug message to show if that function was called but it doesnt show up!

Thanks for the help!
11-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Entity + Texture Question and Script problem

Don't put anything in your CS folder yet. Put all your custom resources in your Amnesia. When the story is done, put every custom thing in a folder in your mod.

No idea about the latest thing, sorry Sad

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

For the item problem, if you want to get a message when you try the key on the door, you should put the debug message in your function bloodkeyondoor.

Have in mind, also, that the SetMessage function may fail if your language file has an error.

About the custom entities and alike, doing as TheChaser said should work fine.
However, if you still want to have the files in your custom story's folder now, you gotta include that directory in your resources.cfg in order to let the editor find them.

11-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Find
rean2 Offline

(11-26-2013, 08:51 PM)The chaser Wrote: Don't put anything in your CS folder yet. Put all your custom resources in your Amnesia. When the story is done, put every custom thing in a folder in your mod.

No idea about the latest thing, sorry :(

Oh, ok. I was just worried that I would have to rearrange everything when i was done so i can have a proper install package.

(11-27-2013, 02:25 AM)Amn Wrote: For the item problem, if you want to get a message when you try the key on the door, you should put the debug message in your function bloodkeyondoor.

Have in mind, also, that the SetMessage function may fail if your language file has an error.

About the custom entities and alike, doing as TheChaser said should work fine.
However, if you still want to have the files in your custom story's folder now, you gotta include that directory in your resources.cfg in order to let the editor find them.
Ahh, ok, didn't know about resource.cfg

I do have the message in funct bloodkeyondoor, but no message comes up. It just says "cannot use item this way". Its like the useitemcallback doesnt exist. However when i switched 'copper_tube_and_needle' with 'hollow_needle' it worked fine.
11-27-2013, 04:01 AM
Find
rean2 Offline

Well I found my problem, In Inventory.hps,

GiveItem("", "copper_tube_and_needle", "copper_tube_and_needle", "copper_tube_and_needle.tga", 1);
should be
GiveItem("copper_tube_and_needle", "Puzzle", "copper_tube_and_needle", "copper_tube_and_needle.tga", 1);

My callback function didn't work because there was no item called "copper_tube_and_needle" because i didn't give it a asName value
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 06:19 PM by rean2.)
12-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Find