Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Window Lightrays
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
Window Lightrays

Particles, general lighting and bilboard making things are easy for me now, but in my upcoming custom story for my latest mod, i would like to do realistic lighting for the windows (with good-looking light rays coming from outside). i can create quite good ones, but not all of them looks so realistic, and i can't imagine how can i make them better :/ is there a tutorial for this on this forum, or can anyone give me a quick training in using these effects perfectly? Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 02:19 AM by KiraImmortal.)
11-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Window Lightrays

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
11-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Yeah,As JAP said,
but what i wanted to say is check one of the Amnesia maps.
Open it in the editor and look how they did it. { that's how we all did and learned proberly "Wink
-
Anyway, open an Amnesia map and look for stuf you like.
Then if you like a part do this :
Click \ select the one(s) you like ->File->export selection-> search YOUR CustomStory folder-> Save file.
HINT: Don't make then as a compound and save... DOESN'T WORK!
-
Then easely open YOUR map, File->Import Objects-> look where you saved the one from the Original game, as i said above, it should be in YOUR cs folder.
Open file and there you go,
Enjoy.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM by DnALANGE.)
11-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

yeah i know how to import and export things in amnesia, i just wanted to make my own not just copy. but i want to finish this cs until next sunday so i guess i'll try the faster way. thanks for answering for both of you Smile
11-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Find