Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think this looks interesting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes,
75.00%
36 75.00%
No,
25.00%
12 25.00%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
PREMONITION ; "first" RELEASE! Link is Inside. (Updated)
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: PREMONITION ; "first" RELEASE! Link is Inside.

(01-09-2014, 06:06 PM)ExpectedIdentifier Wrote: I had a look in the lang file of his mod:

Thank you Humi for Cellar, Main Hall and making some parts of the office and office layout.[br][br]

So he did credit Humiliation. Just thought I'd point that out, seems like people are just ganging up on DnALANAGE to be honest. As for not crediting "ideas", even if it is a dick move, there isn't really much you can do about it, you can't copyright an idea! I get it for models and stuff but does it really matter? I mean I've helped him with alot of the scripting and I wouldn't mind if he didn't credit me.

Has been mentioned before actually, the stolen levels and story are still major issues that need solving.

As for now the mod will stay where it is.

http://i40.tinypic.com/172smq.png

Unless I am missreading this somehow or it is taken horribly out of context and can be proven otherwise, mod stays.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:22 PM by Traggey.)
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10

(01-09-2014, 06:20 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 06:06 PM)ExpectedIdentifier Wrote: I had a look in the lang file of his mod:

Thank you Humi for Cellar, Main Hall and making some parts of the office and office layout.[br][br]

So he did credit Humiliation. Just thought I'd point that out, seems like people are just ganging up on DnALANAGE to be honest. As for not crediting "ideas", even if it is a dick move, there isn't really much you can do about it, you can't copyright an idea! I get it for models and stuff but does it really matter? I mean I've helped him with alot of the scripting and I wouldn't mind if he didn't credit me.

Has been mentioned before actually, the stolen levels and story are still major issues that need solving.

As far as I know the only "stolen" maps are the one Humiliation gave DnALANGE to use as long as he credited him, which he did. As for story, again, you can't "steal" an idea, even if it's part of the story. Even if he should credit him, you can't really enforce it for something like an idea (I get that you can for models/sounds).

I'd like to add I think it's pretty unfair how he is getting ganged up on, I know he has spent a great amount of time working on this and having a ton of people rating it 1 on ModDB and giving it's thread a 1 start rating is pretty low and childish IMO.

Closure ModDB page:

[Image: 16LO8Sx]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM by ExpectedIdentifier.)
01-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

The other part is still stating that he has no permission from them to use it, and there have still been null shown of which parts of the story actually was stolen, ideas can absolutely not be taken as ones own, however if pages with storywriting are present, those can.

I'm still waiting for some kind of evidence that he is actually not alowed to use what he did, because as for now it seems these skype conversations say very clearly that he is.

As for Moddb, that has nothing to do with the forums and what happens on that site is beyond anything we can control.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM by Traggey.)
01-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm glad he's not being banned, this shit is gold.

Seriously dnaLange, it's like I can actually see your hands trembling as you type your posts.

[Image: signature-2.png]
01-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

i'm with traggey, from what is seen in the skype convo picture you dont have much to back up your accusations.

Sorry but what i see right now is:

You allowed him to use your map constructions, he used them, now that you've seen how far he went you're angry at him and try to claim all the credits.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(01-09-2014, 09:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: i'm with traggey, from what is seen in the skype convo picture you dont have much to back up your accusations.

Sorry but what i see right now is:

You allowed him to use your map constructions, he used them, now that you've seen how far he went you're angry at him and try to claim all the credits.

I knew nobody would believe full of the truth on my side, this is still so unfair to stole those maps, even I give feel free to use them AND, Dnalange said we will be credited, but after releasing the mod he threatened me to delete all the crediting and just bs me at the begin, this concerns Summer too. In my opinion, I see now different views on this case and that's good, but doesn't solve my problems. Well.. that's all I got, thanks for the help still. I appreciate this, I just freaking hate dnalange childish attitude every thread and he always "get this attitude" If you are not helping me this time, you will not be credited with anything IF I helped this guy thousand times earlier, he blackmails easily ppl. Then when he is pissed I see how raginng comments and bad english he is using and blame whole community right away and calling them "losers" "Iditios" then final phase what se have seened "Gave up" "Good bye guys, so long, this was good community, but now everyone's against me and this phase is for Dnalange "The hopeless one"

Still, dnalange argument is so childish I wanna kill myself right away or just forget all this behind. I really don't know anymore why I cared so much stealing those maps from me. Well, it's cruel, but I need to deal with it.

Hours later, I get this on my "Investigator topic" because dnalange is hopeless and wants revenge: Is this fair to me IF I'm just victim at this thing and I trusted this guy too much and then he lied all over me to just get my maps to use on her mod? And overall I get this:

DnALANGE
DnALANGE 3hours 55mins ago says:

My proof is being deleted by this humiliation!
Pathitic guy!
Rate 1 and think this mod is HIS!
So foolish!
Investigator has stolen content!!!
Content stolen from PREMONITION

Link to this message: http://www.moddb.com/mods/investigator-w...s/#4341899

I know this doesn't prove anything or solve, but I just want to see how "Bad attitude and he true side is now" Well some people never change.

I'm over this thing, Feel free to use them, but I know this guy can't be never trusted again and is still liability here.

“Life is a game, play it”
01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Alright I'm closing the lid on this one, you gave him permission to use your content and thus I shall let it remain where it is.

He might have acted really badly during development and threatened you guys, but fact is you are credited for your work Humiliation.

On the other hand I do fully agree that Dnalange has a VERY bad attutide and way of behaviour around the forums and I've personaly sent him warnings about this, he currently has a temp ban from posting in threads.
01-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(01-09-2014, 10:55 PM)Traggey Wrote: Alright I'm closing the lid on this one, you gave him permission to use your content and thus I shall let it remain where it is.

He might have acted really badly during development and threatened you guys, but fact is you are credited for your work Humiliation.

On the other hand I do fully agree that Dnalange has a VERY bad attutide and way of behaviour around the forums and I've personaly sent him warnings about this, he currently has a temp ban from posting in threads.

Alright, still I want to stop him to whine me at ModdB page can you do something about it? It's just childish to argue there now, because in here there is nothing to discuss / argue about.

Thanks for you all support and help.

01-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Find
Foxfyre Recluse Offline

Threads: 0

This is flat out embarrassing. It makes me wonder if I should have gotten involved with the mod in the first place. DnALANGE's responses have been atrocious and I feel that I should apologies even though none of this was my fault. Fact is, I didn't want this mod to be taken down because I had put some honest work into it. I'm dedicated to the mod, not loyal to DnALANGE.

It's as Oscar Wilde says, "The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim... There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all."

I worked hard to create something that I thought was of quality story wise, writing wise and voice acting wise. I can say with a clear conscience that everything I contributed: the story, the ideas, the dialogue and the poetics, were all from my head and not stolen.

HumiliatioN, if you ever need help with story, dialogue or just voice acting, let me know. Unlike my co-creator, DnALANGE, I am a reasonable person to work with. It's probably why I was able to finish Amnesia: Premonition and work with DnALANGE till the end.

Voice Actor:
My website is http://www.chrismarcellus.org. You will find my demo on this site.
Feel free to PM me for work.
01-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(01-10-2014, 02:17 AM)Foxfyre Recluse Wrote: This is flat out embarrassing. It makes me wonder if I should have gotten involved with the mod in the first place. DnALANGE's responses have been atrocious and I feel that I should apologies even though none of this was my fault. Fact is, I didn't want this mod to be taken down because I had put some honest work into it. I'm dedicated to the mod, not loyal to DnALANGE.

It's as Oscar Wilde says, "The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim... There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all."

I worked hard to create something that I thought was of quality story wise, writing wise and voice acting wise. I can say with a clear conscience that everything I contributed: the story, the ideas, the dialogue and the poetics, were all from my head and not stolen.

HumiliatioN, if you ever need help with story, dialogue or just voice acting, let me know. Unlike my co-creator, DnALANGE, I am a reasonable person to work with. It's probably why I was able to finish Amnesia: Premonition and work with DnALANGE till the end.

Well.. I know how you are feeling and appreciate the effort, but I have hard-time to trust anyone now. I will contact you later maybe.. when I'm back with the mod and I get my movation back and re-do those maps again.

Thanks anyway.

01-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Find