Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Corridors
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Corridors

My Visual Communication and Design teacher said to my class that Corridors are a waste of space while learning about Architectural design. With that said, I asked him what demonstrates a corridor, and he replied simply stating a long passage that isn't far too wide which takes away room for other areas to be constructed in a/the building.

Assuming this, can you think of the advantages/disadvantages of corridors in Amnesia, more notably Custom Stories or Full Conversions as FG/TCR did a pretty good job filling them as far as I could care.

Talking seriously here, like a flying object appearing as you walk in the room with unrealistic force is a disadvantage. Tongue

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM by Romulator.)
12-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Corridors

I had the idea where a player would enter a corridor through a door and walk down it, and that whenever they turned around, they saw that they hadn't moved away from the door at all. Mindfuck moments like that in AMFP were awesome.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
12-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
Onlinezigeuner Away

Threads: 0

To improve corridors in Amnesia I would recommend removing some obvious jumpscares. Maybe adding some doors (rooms) at the left or right. In some custom stories there is somewhere a long hallway with no objects or side-rooms and at the end of it a jumpscare is waiting to be triggered. It's just too obvious.
12-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Website Find
linkhead2 Offline

Threads: 4

(12-09-2013, 08:46 AM)Onlinezigeuner Wrote: To improve corridors in Amnesia I would recommend removing some obvious jumpscares. Maybe adding some doors (rooms) at the left or right. In some custom stories there is somewhere a long hallway with no objects or side-rooms and at the end of it a jumpscare is waiting to be triggered. It's just too obvious.

they do those mainly in the custom stories like my little amnesia and survival by jamez (sorry i only think of my new custom story).

in a way i dont think the jumpscares are weak when they do the corridors in the main amnesia TDD (the dark descent) Smile
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Find