Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fable The Lost Chapters Anniversary
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Lionhead Announces Fable Teaser

Just adding more to the OP's original thread. Since he showed the trailer, thought I'd include a little bit more information.

Eurogamer

You can complain about me complaining about the new screenshot comparison all you want, but I'm gonna do it anyways.

(1) The new face seems a lot generic/younger than the 2004 version. The old faces just had a unique look to them, I loved their faces. And well the new one makes me feel like it's gonna be generic all game looks (He doesn't even have a beard yet! D= But I guess that can be remedied later).

(2) The look and feel, reminds me to much of Fable 3 (Never actually played it). The 2004 version (In the Bandit Camp) is grimy, and not a good place to be and is in a forest. Now it looks like a secluded jungle temple location.

Regardless I'm going to buy it. IF they don't replace the old sounds/character dialogue/music!!

//////////////////////
Edit: snippets...

"There are of course Achievements now as well. "We're doing something that's not been done before," said Timmins in a separate announcement. "Fable has always been about choices and consequences, so we're trying to put that into our Achievements."
Ok? How is this new?

"Oh, and Fable Anniversary is definitely an Xbox 360 game, not an Xbox One game."
I don't care for Xbox One, but any sources that it is confirmed for PC?
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM by Rapture.)
06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

If you never played Fable 3 then how can you compare it to it? That's just silly.

Also, Perhaps the reason for why the face looks younger because the Hero is actually older in the first screenshot? Remember, the original Fable had character progression which changed your look depending on age and alignemtn (I hope they keep that in, they took it away in Fable 3).

I don't mind them replacing some of the audio, they will definitely have to, but I doubt they'd take away the old music, maybe make re-recordings or add some new tracks but I don't think they'll take it away.
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I just saw these new photos and I do agree that they should look more scary at some extend. Either way, if they make it for pc as well, I'm there.

Has someone played Fable TLC and Fable 3? I mean both. I played the beginning of 3 and didn't like it as I said before. But if someone has, despite my first bad impressions with the latest installment, is Fable 3 better than TLC?
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

(06-04-2013, 05:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I just saw these new photos and I do agree that they should look more scary at some extend. Either way, if they make it for pc as well, I'm there.

Has someone played Fable TLC and Fable 3? I mean both. I played the beginning of 3 and didn't like it as I said before. But if someone has, despite my first bad impressions with the latest installment, is Fable 3 better than TLC?

Fable 3 is by most objective standards a worse game than TLC, it's not as complex and a lot easier than TLC - but it's still an enjoyable game. The humour is pretty entertaining and some of the side quests are hilarious.

Oh and it's beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 05:28 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I thought so. I also did not like the choices which were a lot different from TLC. I don't know about Fable II as I never got to even play it with their idiotic xbox 360 exclusive shit. I hate that, it has happened with so many other games that I followed.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 05:33 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

@GiggleBlizzard - I'm comparing screenshots not gameplay. I've seen a fair enough of videos showing it off. Including that horrendous farting in your face joke.

But to elaborate on his face, you can see in the newer one that his face is completely shiny clean. No beard or anything, would of been nice also to show off the new facial hairs for the Fable 1 remake. (Current/new gen faces suck sometimes, they look really plastic, with all the new shading and lighting added on.)

His eyes in the old one are a lot more squinty or smaller IMO, new one are just really open, big, baby blue eyes. One gives him a older appearance, the other a really young kid IMO.

I wonder how the new face animation would be like, I found it funny in the old one. They always talked like nut crackers.
06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

(06-04-2013, 05:58 PM)Rapture Wrote: @GiggleBlizzard - I'm comparing screenshots not gameplay. I've seen a fair enough of videos showing it off. Including that horrendous farting in your face joke.

But to elaborate on his face, you can see in the newer one that his face is completely shiny clean. No beard or anything, would of been nice also to show off the new facial hairs for the Fable 1 remake. (Current/new gen faces suck sometimes, they look really plastic, with all the new shading and lighting added on.)

His eyes in the old one are a lot more squinty or smaller IMO, new one are just really open, big, baby blue eyes. One gives him a older appearance, the other a really young kid IMO.

I wonder how the new face animation would be like, I found it funny in the old one. They always talked like nut crackers.

Well I guess you make a point, I prefer the design and graphics of the original Fable rather than Fable 3 because of the reasons you mention.
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-04-2013, 07:20 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Well I guess you make a point, I prefer the design and graphics of the original Fable rather than Fable 3 because of the reasons you mention.

Yes, exactly. Another reason I didn't like Fable 3 was the "comic graphics". For example look at this:

http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/scr...iler_2.jpg

The other guys beard is...a triangle. I noticed that a lot at Fable 3 and I didn't like it at all. Fable TLC might have had worse graphics but at least they looked normal and not comic/sketchy-like.
06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Long ago I used to dream about getting a mod team together and modding a decent sequal out of TLC.
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

The 6th time I also installed lots of mods. An awesome one was the balverine transformation. You could play as a balverine. The bad guys and other monsters will not attack you. But all the guards and city people will.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Find