Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Multiple questions, help and input needed!
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
Multiple questions, help and input needed!

So I have here a few questions...

1.Are the assets of the game Unbirth, produced by Thomas Grip, co-founder of Frictional Games free to use for using in a modification for Amnesia?

2.Almost the same as the above but I'm not wanting to spoil any surprises on this one. There was a game available on PC in which they released a level editor for the game and the content within to produce your own maps. Since the editor and content was released via digital download, would it be legal to use those assets as well for an Amnesia modification?

3.On certain doors I want to perform an "adduseitemcallback" in which I can use globally on specific doors throughout different maps instead of having to implement it every time in the .hps files for each map for each door.

4.I also have another script which I would like to do the same with globally as the above but not on doors but rather a "setentitycallbackfunc" as type "OnIgnite" with light sources. I have made custom candles in which there are no billboards, lights and particle systems but I have copied those assets and placed them in the level editor to replicate a lit candle but when interacted with when tinderboxes are available, the billboards, lights and particle systems are destroyed and the candle in disabled and replaced with a copy and interaction with this copy is disabled so no further lighting can be done. I did this so I could just snuff it out but want now want to be able to de-light and re-light as many times as I please. Current script is as follows; what would I do to be able to de-light and re-light as many times as I please?-:

void PinchOut(string &in asEntity, string &in asType)
{
if (asType == "OnIgnite")
{
FadeLightTo("PointLight_1", 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.7);

DestroyParticleSystem("ParticleSystem_1");

SetEntityActive("candle_floor_1", false);
SetEntityActive("candle_floor_2", true);

SetEntityInteractionDisabled("candle_floor_2", true);
}
}

I think this is about it... :/ Sorry if it's too much but I need to figure these things out before I can further my mod. I thank you all in advanced for your help!!!

-Grind to the Gore-
01-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Multiple questions, help and input needed!

Unbirth i'm very uncertain about, would have to ask Thomas himself about that.

Any other game, NO.

That is strictly forbidden
01-06-2014, 02:19 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(01-06-2014, 02:19 AM)Traggey Wrote: Unbirth i'm very uncertain about, would have to ask Thomas himself about that.

Any other game, NO.

Where are the rules and regulations on using foreign assets? Is that just something to simply not be shared here or completely? I also should have been more clear about the assets part, I meant texture files, nothing with an actual mesh.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 02:47 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
01-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-06-2014, 02:39 AM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:
(01-06-2014, 02:19 AM)Traggey Wrote: Unbirth i'm very uncertain about, would have to ask Thomas himself about that.

Any other game, NO.

Where are the rules and regulations on using foreign assets? Is that just something to simply not be shared here or completely? I also should have been more clear about the assets part, I meant texture files, nothing with an actual mesh.

ANY material (model, texture) from another game is strictly forbidden without permission. People call that "Piracy".

And um, you can't use regular functions globally in other maps except:
Spoiler below!

PHP Code: (Select All)
SetGlobalVarInt
AddGlobalVarInt 

As far as I know.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

You are however alowed to use assets from the penumbra games as stated by Frictional.

Taking and distributing assets from any other title is globaly considered piracy.
01-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(01-06-2014, 03:20 AM)Traggey Wrote: You are however alowed to use assets from the penumbra games as stated by Frictional.

Taking and distributing assets from any other title is globaly considered piracy.

Where is this statement from Frictional? Also, how would it be piracy when these assets are virtually available to anyone by a company that is no longer in development and that has disbanded years ago would be piracy. Granted they made it downloadable specifically for the game intended but I can think of one custom story here that is well praised that uses assets from the exact same game I want to use assets from. I don't want to, "rat", this individual out but if they can justify doing so and get away with it all this time then I don't see the harm in doing so myself.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 03:46 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
01-06-2014, 03:42 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Well I can't possibly make a judgement if you won't tell me what the game even is.
01-06-2014, 04:44 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(01-06-2014, 04:44 AM)Traggey Wrote: Well I can't possibly make a judgement if you won't tell me what the game even is.

Doesn't matter anymore. Is there anyway you could assist me with the scripting difficulties?

-Grind to the Gore-
01-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Find