Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: Lord's Prayer
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12
Amnesia: Lord's Prayer

[Image: preview_image.png]

Status

First of all, 'Lords Prayer' is a project that has been on my mind for one and a half year and it has been hard to find the time, but also motivation to carry it out. Some of the factors have been bad habbits and procrastination, but also some that is earsier to justify. I finished my last year in high school this summer and since then I've moved away from my parents to be closer to my education at Aalborg University in Copenhagen. All this has been very time consuming, but I finally feel like I'm well settled in my new apartment, though I still have to spend a lot of time at my study.
The project was sparked in the summer 2012, where I came up with the initial concept and made the title theme for the mod. Since then, all I ever did was making a bit of level design once in a while when I felt like it, but very recently, I've ignited the creative process by starting to sketch the levels and note down all of my crazy ideas and put them on the wall. Now I'm done with the level design concepts and the next step is to figure out where to put important segments of the game e. g. keys tools, notes, etc. and figure out how the player is going to progress through the game.

Status overview:

Concept Generation
  • Story Concept (done)
  • Level Design Concept
  • Script Concept
  • Concept Evaluation (doing)

Implementation
  • Story (to do)
  • Level Design
  • Script

Alpha Testing
  • Test
  • Update MOD

Beta Testing (maybe demo)
  • Test
  • Polish MOD
  • Final Release

There is still a lot of work to be done, how ever I'm really looking forward to all of it even though it undoubtably will be tough. I tried to get a friend help me with this project once, but that didn't work out, so I've been all on my own, which often has been very demotivating. Now how ever, I really feel like I got this show on the road and I hope it can be finished by fall this year if I stay focussed. Keep in mind this is a rough estimation and is only feasible if everything comes Millhouse. This project is not just a hobby, but also an exercise for myself in project management, coding and over all game development, which I hope to use in my future portefolio.

Requests

Certain things are needed in order to complete this to an adequate standard, so therefore I have a couple of requests. First of all I need testers during the beta, so please let me know if you're up for the job by sending me a private message. Another crucial part the project is missing is voice acting, which will also be needed during the implementation and testing. Other parts that would just be nice to have are a talented musician/foley artist, a modeller and a concept/2d artist. Having those parts will really give the project a unique touch, but if you're neither of those, then please let me know of any cool sources you might know, where I can find some custom content.
A writer would be nice for some extra input on the story and manuscript as well as a level designer would be nice for making the levels extra interesting.

Request Overview:

Must Have
  • Testers (still wanted)
    No formal requirements besides that you are willing to provide me with constructuve feedback on my work. You will be given a more thorough consent after contacting me.

• Voice actors
    I need a very pompous male voice for the main antagonist.
    A very light (but adult) female voice for an important role.
    Voices for a couple of lesser roles (some sort of european accent is prefered for all roles)

Note: Unexperienced voice actors should have a look at this tutorial before applying.

Nice to Have
  • Musician / foley artist
  • Concept / 2D artist (occupied)
  • Modeller
  • Animator
  • Writer
  • Level designer

If you would like any of these roles, then please contact me by private message.

Cheers,

Simon (ingedoom)

Edit 20/01-14: Script concept done
Edit 03/02-14: Added note to voice actors.

[Image: 23778.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM by ingedoom.)
01-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Website Find
BeartrixTheStrange Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: Lord's Prayer

If you want, I would love to help you out with voice acting.

If anyone is willing for my voice to be in a custom story, please private message me. I have been offline for too long and need to get back in this community!
01-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

If you want models just tell me, I can do them Smile

Simple things tho, I've got more people to do models for.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12

(01-31-2014, 10:20 PM)The chaser Wrote: If you want models just tell me, I can do them Smile

Simple things tho, I've got more people to do models for.

Cool thanks for the offer. I will keep that In mind =)

[Image: 23778.png]
02-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Website Find