Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black screen with logo or other image ingame
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
Black screen with logo or other image ingame

Well yea how the logo propably spoiled, i want to place an area in my FC Mod where the player enters an area, which will cause an image to show up for a few second, and play a sound.

Like in amfp just well. The player enters the area and the image and sound plays. Its supposed like an intro.

If anyone can help, i would be glad to get help :L

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Black screen with logo or other image ingame

I believe in the beta patch there is a script for exactly this, though if you do not have that or wish to use it, you can create your own planes and use them instead. Teleport the player outside your level while fading the screen and using SetPlayerActive set to false to stop them from looking around. Force them to look at your logo plane/billboard.

I'm not much for self-promotion, but if you want a video tutorial on this, I do have one.

02-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Masterpig.
DO what above said.
OR if you have Amnesia PREMONITION installed,
You can open my map called : StartDriving.map
Open it in the level editor and take a look how i did it.
Then you can learn a little yourself.
PLUS you can take the black plane witch can be found in here : \Premonition\Premonition_static_objects\Amnesia Silent Hill\Vengeful's Custom Statics
-
Take BOTH black.mat AND black.tga and put it into your custom story \ Full conversion.
Then, easely go to your editor \ Choose plane \ Search for the black.mat and there is a BLACK background.
Only 1 thing! it does NOT shine or have any Alpha or Specular.
It is PURE blac and won't be affected by any lightsourse ( as you probly do NOT want to anyways )
Hope this helps a bit.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 03:15 AM by DnALANGE.)
02-04-2014, 03:15 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

(02-04-2014, 03:15 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: PLUS you can take the black plane witch can be found in here : \Premonition\Premonition_static_objects\Amnesia Silent Hill\Vengeful's Custom Statics
-
Take BOTH black.mat AND black.tga and put it into your custom story \ Full conversion.
Then, easely go to your editor \ Choose plane \ Search for the black.mat and there is a BLACK background.
It is PURE blac and won't be affected by any lightsourse ( as you probly do NOT want to anyways )
Hope this helps a bit.

By the way, there is already a black plane found in the main Amnesia folders. It's located in static_objects/technical if I remember correctly.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 09:48 AM by Mudbill.)
02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(02-04-2014, 09:47 AM)Mudbill Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 03:15 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: PLUS you can take the black plane witch can be found in here : \Premonition\Premonition_static_objects\Amnesia Silent Hill\Vengeful's Custom Statics
-
Hope this helps a bit.

By the way, there is already a black plane found in the main Amnesia folders. It's located in static_objects/technical if I remember correctly.

Yeh i want to do it like in amnesia a machine for pigs. It shows up, and then disappears while the sound plays.

So i will try following your words i guess :L

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
02-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Here is my video if you need it explained deeper. It's quite lengthy though, because I made it suitable for beginners as well.

PS: It seems according to some strange coincidence, we both have a project called Amnesia: Search xP
Ours is kinda at a stop for now though, and we're not certain if it'll be the title.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 05:21 PM by Mudbill.)
02-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Find