Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is there a way to have a Pre-Rendered animation play in a CS?
Black Eden Studios Offline

Threads: 5
Is there a way to have a Pre-Rendered animation play in a CS?

Hello! My team and I have been working on a CS but one of the things we want to have in our CS is cutscenes/Pre-Rendered Animations. We found a way how but when we test it out the animation lags at anything above 1FPS, we want to know if there is any other way to do this or is there something we did wrong in the script. If you might know an answer please do tell me!
02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Is there a way to have a Pre-Rendered animation play in a CS?

Depends as to what you're refering to, animation and in an animated skeletal mesh, or a video/gif?
02-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Find
Black Eden Studios Offline

Threads: 5

It's a video. But we were also rendering it as an entity.
02-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I'm just posting my result right here. If you'd like to download the animation test I created, just grab it here. It is a custom story folder, so to test it, just drop it into custom_stories.

Basically it contains 36 individual frames each stitched to a plane model. Each of them have their own entity associated and with the script, each is replaced with the next frame.

Here's the gif I used (apologies if it is somewhat offensive.)
Spoiler below!
[Image: hitler.gif]

I've heard there is a much simpler way to do this using the material editor to create an animated material. That would certainly be more comfortable, as this short animation I made took me roughly 2 hours to make.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 05:47 PM by Mudbill.)
02-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Find