Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fountain glitch/bug??
JohnnyGui Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Fountain glitch/bug??

I recall reading somewhere that the corpse wasn't actually in the game until the patch (1.1 or 1.2) came out and implemented it. Not really sure about this though. It's quite nice the devs are putting new scary elements in the game with patches instead of just fixing bugs.
02-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

Hey guys

So I noticed something else strange about the fountain.

It seems that when you jump in the fountain, weird blue sparkles start flying around you. They're similar to the white ones that are visible in the light rays coming out of the windows.

Anyone else noticed this? You have to look very carefully around you while in the fountain to be able to see them. Not sure if this also happens when the fountain turns red.

No biggie but does this have any meaning?
02-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

That's Light dust, they are particles for the window light rays.
02-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

(02-05-2014, 03:25 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: That's Light dust, they are particles for the window light rays.

No, no I know how lightdust looks like in the game. The difference is that these sparkles are BLUE when you're in the fountain.
02-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-04-2014, 10:50 PM)JohnnyGui Wrote: I recall reading somewhere that the corpse wasn't actually in the game until the patch (1.1 or 1.2) came out and implemented it. Not really sure about this though. It's quite nice the devs are putting new scary elements in the game with patches instead of just fixing bugs.

That's wrong. I played Amnesia 1.0 when it was released and the corpse was there!
02-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

(02-05-2014, 04:55 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 10:50 PM)JohnnyGui Wrote: I recall reading somewhere that the corpse wasn't actually in the game until the patch (1.1 or 1.2) came out and implemented it. Not really sure about this though. It's quite nice the devs are putting new scary elements in the game with patches instead of just fixing bugs.

That's wrong. I played Amnesia 1.0 when it was released and the corpse was there!

Oh, my bad then.

A small update regarding the corpse: There are clues that makes me think the corpse only appears when your sanity is very low (as in "...") just like the painting and the hanging meat in the Study room. This video has made my suspicion stronger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRF9QjvSK2A

As you can see in the video, the player is clearly looking at it and looking away again several times without the corpse disappearing. It also shows that his sanity is very low ("..."). Bear in mind that the hallucinating elements in the game are still visible for a while even after you have recovered from the "..." state to the "heart pounding and hand shaking" state and that it needs time (and to look away from it) to make them disappear again.

It's things like this that makes want to check every room with my sanity very low to see things that I might have missed lol
02-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

As far as I know, every changing effects doesn't have anything todo with the sanity.

But what do you mean by the hanging meat in the study? I only know the Alexander painting there. While hanging meat appears in the transept.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 06:29 PM by Googolplex.)
02-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

(02-06-2014, 06:28 PM)Googolplex Wrote: As far as I know, every changing effects doesn't have anything todo with the sanity.

But what do you mean by the hanging meat in the study? I only know the Alexander painting there. While hanging meat appears in the transept.

There ARE things that appear and disappear depending on the sanity level just like the painting you mentioned. I'm going to check this for the corpse today to make sure.

As for the hanging meat, it appears when your sanity is "..." above the fallen closet in the room where you find that memory capsule. Just stand in a dark corner of the room, make sure you're not looking at the fallen closet and wait until your sanity is very low. Turn around and you'll see it.
02-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-06-2014, 07:40 PM)JohnnyGui Wrote: As for the hanging meat, it appears when your sanity is "..." above the fallen closet in the room where you find that memory capsule. Just stand in a dark corner of the room, make sure you're not looking at the fallen closet and wait until your sanity is very low. Turn around and you'll see it.

Hey, I cheched it and there are really dead pigs hanging over the shelf.
I never saw that before. Seems like such effects are depending on the sanity. A shame, because most people wouldn't have a sanity of "..." in that rooms.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 08:16 PM by Googolplex.)
02-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

(02-06-2014, 07:53 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Seems like such effects are depending on the sanity. A shame, because most people wouldn't have a sanity of "..." in that rooms.

That's what I meant. Makes you wanna go out there with a very low sanity and visit every room again Tongue

I remember reading somewhere about someone having a very low sanity in the Archives room and the shadow appeared behind him but vanished immediately afterwards.

We should make a thread about everything that you can encounter with a very low sanity. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 09:47 PM by JohnnyGui.)
02-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Find