Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Creating Puzzles - Training.
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Creating Puzzles - Training.

(02-10-2014, 02:24 PM)Ghieri Wrote: My criticism is that it just looks like series of hallways. Maybe not everything is on the layout, but if that's the case it's hard to criticize. But going just on the drawing I'd say you'd need more interesting architecture.

Like this area:
[Image: layout22.png]

Could look like thisSadQuick mock-up; UDK)
Spoiler below!

[Image: mockup22.png]

I took some liberties with the design. First, I added a barrier that only the enemy can pass, which means the player has to go against the enemy. Second, the player has to go to the second level to reach the lever, which is more interesting than just going through a corridor. Going back down will be easier because the player can sneak behind the enemy, unless you want to change it up by reversing the enemy's path. Unless you really want that part to be a standard corridor. Your choice, of course.

There could be some balancing issues, because the enemy has a shorter path to the next hiding spot which means the player would have to be faster. But the general idea is there.

That is very interesting... This is mostly going to be "part of" a map.
Like a side-event.
It's happening in a mental-state, but it's also supposed to be a little difficult. I'll think about what you've said here. The one with a passage for enemies but not for players is genius! I like that one, and will definitely be using it!

Trying is the first step to success.
02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Find