Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your FAVORITE gaming console?
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Your FAVORITE gaming console?

Tommy Gun Wrote:God, i think PC wins, besides, sooner or later, you'll be able to emulate console games.

Yeah, like project 64 Wink but I like the 360 better because, I hate paying for alot of damages for the pc and it cost's way toooooo much.
Plus my nets not that good and if I get left 4 dead on the 360 that = NO DOWNLOAD W00T

but im getting the xfps 360 soon Tongue
it allows me to use the keyboard and mouse

LEFT 4 DEAD 4TW!!!
11-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Quote:Yeah, like project 64 Wink but I like the 360 better because, I hate paying for alot of damages for the pc and it cost's way toooooo much.
Plus my nets not that good and if I get left 4 dead on the 360 that = NO DOWNLOAD W00T

LEFT 4 DEAD 4TW!!!

Ha! project64 is god at my school, its the only game that our tech teachers won't pick up on their scans.

Not an image
11-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16

Tommy Gun Wrote:
Quote:Yeah, like project 64 Wink but I like the 360 better because, I hate paying for alot of damages for the pc and it cost's way toooooo much.

LEFT 4 DEAD 4TW!!!

Ha! project64 is god at my school, its the only game that our tech teachers won't pick up on their scans.

Lol, I have that program to Wink I just missed Zelda Tongue
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Find
noctislp Offline

Threads: 0

I go for the IMac. If you get parallel desktop, you can play pc games which I'm definitely going to get so then I don't have to order a mac game just because they don't have it in any store where I live. I can't find any xbox emulators for Mac, only for PC. I'm not sure about a N64 emulator for Mac, either, I'll have to look...
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Ouch. It wasn't very smart to put entire console groups. But it will do.
The PS/PS2/PS3 group would win soley on PS2, it's the best selling (and best) console of all time. However, I'm a modern person and got my PS2 a bit too late to really love it.
My vote goes on the Xbox 360. It's the best console for any gamer. The Wii sells a lot but that's because average Joes (and even Janes) buy it because it's fun for people who never even played a game before. It's probably a lot fun and I'm thinking of getting one for christmas but in the end it's got only a few high-quality games and is pretty childish. The Playstation 3 is pretty awful (especially here in Sweden where it costs about as much as two bundles with the Xbox 360s and three games with each) and I think most people buy it as a bluray player. Now blurays are dropping in price though, so soon it won't really be useful for that either.
I barely play PC at all anymore. Most games for both PC and console are usually better on consoles nowadays. The only games I prefer on the PC are the Crysis games and all Steam games.

My second vote would go to the Playstation 2. With true classics such as Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Ico, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Shadow of the Colossus it really is the only choice. I got mine pretty late though, so I have never really loved it. I'm not a big fan of the Dualshock controllers either.
My third vote would go to the Gamecube, I love that thing. It looks great and the controller is the best of all time. I've only got a few games and only really played Resident Evil Remake, Zero and 4. Resident Evil 4 completely makes it worth it though. One of my favourite five games ever.
Still the last generation console I've got the most games for is the Xbox and it's got tons of good games. Still it feels like many Xbox games have aged quickly and have gotten better 360 equivalents, so it goes last the last gen.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Find
Mickxe Offline

Threads: 1

I went with PS of course. They've got all my favorite games, and the PS3 is the best console right now. I would have voted on PS3 solely because of MGS4. It's more expensive than the Xbox360 but a Porsche is generally more expensive than a Volvo too. You get what you pay for. Smile
12-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

One thing with PC is that if you wanna keep playing the newest games with it and with good graphics, is that you update it like once or twice in a year. That means lot of money...

But with consoles, no such thing.
Past few months, I've kinda changed my mind that PC is my favourite, well it is, since I've played with it my whole life and not with video game consoles. But I hate that you'll have to update it all the time and buy new memory and graphics card driver...

There's one thing that splits my opinion:
Console = No updating
PC = Better graphics

They're both important (depends on that what is the game we're talking about WinkSmile, but I just hate it that there's always something new coming to PC that you'll have to buy that you are capable to run the newest games without problems.

06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:One thing with PC is that if you wanna keep playing the newest games with it and with good graphics, is that you update it like once or twice in a year. That means lot of money...

Yeah, keeping up you PC gear costs a lot. The thing with PC is that, along with the gaming part, you can make your own stuff, mods and so on, much more flexible than consoles. There are alot of tools that let you modify the game core too, which is, to some point, possible on consoles but it's waaaay harder than tweaking PC apps. ^^

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Sure, but for me the most important might be the gameplay, feeling when you play and good graphics.
I haven't found the mods so important... But yes, they might be really fun, but I just want to play the original game.

For example, my favourite game series are Gothic series.
And my favourite game is Gothic II (original).
I have Gothic Universe (includes all 3 games: Gothic, Gothic II: Gold, Gothic 3).
And after I got that, I bought the original Gothic II in separate box, since the Gold won't allow you to play original Gothic II without the add-on. There are lots of mods for that game, but I never played any of them... I've thought that should I, but, nah, never interested more than that...

06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Website Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

The way I see it, consoles have their place for certain games and PCs have their place for other kinds of games. I mean, first-person shooters suck on consoles, because using a control stick to precisely aim at a moving target is like trying to parallel park on a crowded street with a monster truck. You just can't do it. The keyboard/mouse setup is naturally inclined to handle first-person shooters. The Wii is probably the only console I will buy an FPS with, but the PC still rules as the FPS King in my book. Plus, the mouse is a natural for RTS games, games like Penumbra, GTA, and a whole slew of others. You'll also, generally, get better graphics for a PC anyway, and unlike a console which can't be upgraded, a PC can.

But some types of games the PC is a bit lackluster with. Driving games, fighting games, or adventure games like (but not limited to) Mario or Zelda perform better on a console system (or, to be more specific, with a gamepad). It's hard to get precision steering on a keyboard, and fighting games which usually involve complex button combinations to perform powerful moves would probably get unintuitive on a keyboard.

So I do like both. My favorites would be the PC for the more hardcore games, and the Wii for the get-together-and-just-have-fun kinda games. One cannot live on Halo alone (not that I like Halo AT ALL but...you get my point).

06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Find