Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?

Just for fun : If a Penumbra movie was ever to be created, who would you cast for the roles of Philip, Red, Swanson, Eminiss, Howard, etc. ?

Feel free to make suggestions.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
11-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?

Arnold as Philip. Wink Chuck as Red.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
11-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

hmmm, i reckon, maybe as phillip, somone with greying hair, 30 -40ish, huh, i dunno.
for red, because we never actusally see him, maybe keep the person who did the games, maybe have him in the shadows.

Not an image
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Find
Guyra Offline

Threads: 2

Tim Robbins as Phillip, perhaps... Smile And I'd say Red should be played as the same guy who did the voices. In my opinion, it should be like in the games, that you don't see him. Smile
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Guyra Wrote:Tim Robbins as Phillip, perhaps... Smile And I'd say Red should be played as the same guy who did the voices. In my opinion, it should be like in the games, that you don't see him. Smile

Yeah, the problem is, you shouldn't see too many people in the movie either - it should respect the game's enigmatic and paranoid atmosphere...

Tim Robbins ? Not a bad choice, but he's simply too old.
We need a 30-something year old British bloke... :-)

If you'd want A-class actors known to world audiences, then...

Philip : Cillian Murphy wouldn't be too far fetched. The guy's a talent, played all sorts of odd characters until now, can fake an English (28 Days Later) and American accent (Sunshine, Batman Begins), is slightly over 30 and looks somewhat geeky (as Phil should be, 'cause he's a physics scientist ;-) ). One annoying thing would be those smarmy eyes of his, though... Undecided

Amabel Swanson : Rose Byrne. :-D Nuff' said. ;-) Besides her death, she should show up in a few scenes from the BP timeline - perhaps when contacting Philip via the camera system. The scenes should partly show her working on an antidote for the virus, and taking a regular look at the makeshift barricades to her office (with the Infected trying to break in).

Red : I agree, Red should exist only in the form of voice-over, done by no one else, than Mike Hillard himself. :-)

As for the others... Who knows...
Creatures should be part CGI, part prostethics (if possible) and should show up only rarely - and when they do, it has to be unexpected and intense...

11-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I´ve said this before, but I´d like Rebecca Mader to do Amabel Swanson! Smile
11-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Find
Petike Offline

spukrian Wrote:I´ve said this before, but I´d like Rebecca Mader to do Amabel Swanson! Smile

Hey, I'm not argueing... ;-D

11-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

Well, I think there is no reason to make a film based on Penumbra. Penumbra is more than video game - it's more like a book with good story and philosophic end, last letter of Philip is a real revelation,,,
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Umbra Wrote:Well, I think there is no reason to make a film based on Penumbra. Penumbra is more than video game - it's more like a book with good story and philosophic end, last letter of Philip is a real revelation,,,

I fully agree on that, Umbra. To be honest, Penumbra would not be good source material for a movie. And if someone nonetheless came up with an ASB idea of making one, it would have to be more of a indie horror to be interesting at all...

Besides, movies based on games and games based on movies usualy... SUCK... I think the main reason for that, is the fact that one medium tries to compete with the other in presentation or storytelling... and fails... Undecided

11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Find
Petike Offline

nackidno Wrote:Arnold as Philip. Wink Chuck as Red.

Arnie as Philip :

"Uuuhhh... See zis big pickaxe, doggies ?! I gonna kick ya arsch ! Astala vista !" :-DDD

Chuck "Red" Redwood jokes :

Red isn't dillusional, when he speaks to you. Philip is dillusional in Requiem, and listens to the all-knowing Red.

Red likes to sleep with the incinerator turned on, so he can have more light. That doesn't mean, that Red is affraid of the dark. The dark is affraid of him.

While Red was searching the two dead bodies on Lake Utuquaq, he was "almost swallowed whole" under the ice. If that would happen, the water would not be water anymore. It would be weird-accent-Red-mega-uber-coolness...

;-)))

11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Find