Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[solved] Black map :S
Blub Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [solved] Black map :S

I just downloaded requiem and reinstalled black plague and requiem on my PC (with a gforce 7950 GX2) and on my laptop (with a gforce 8600 GT), and on both systems I can see the menu and text etc. but the map isn't rendered at all. I see the noise, or black if I lower the gfx settings, I see the eye coming up when rotating around, but I don't see an actual "world"... ever... :/
I'm using Archlinux (x86_64)
Could it be a 64 bit issue?
Driver version: 177.80 on both laptop and PC
When I start blackplague I get the error that I don't have enough texture units :/
It did work on my PC some time ago though... on arch64

EDIT:
just figured, the hpl.log might be useful:
http://rear.endoftheinternet.org/~blub/hpl.log

EDIT:
When I also change the shader quality to very low... I see the map fullbright, with about 3fps :/

EDIT:
Okay now I have copied new CG libraries, now I do see the map with any gfx settings
but I still have ~3fps (with *any* gfx settings, lowest to highest)... what can I do? I updated the hpl.log file in the link now
11-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black map :S

First make sure your nvidia drivers are configured correctly

glxinfo | grep -i direct
And make sure it is reporting "Yes". If it reports "No", then please attach the full output of
glxinfo

Make sure you installed the 32-bit compatibility libraries for the nvidia drivers!!

Next check to make sure that Penumbra is finding the correct OpenGL library.

ldd ./requiem.bin | grep libGL.so.1
ldd /usr/bin/glxinfo | grep libGL.so.1
The path for libGL.so.1 should be the same path. (well except you are on 64bit linux so, one would be in a lib64 dir and the other in a lib dir)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Website Find
Blub Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black map :S

Urkle Wrote:First make sure your nvidia drivers are configured correctly

glxinfo | grep -i direct
And make sure it is reporting "Yes". If it reports "No", then please attach the full output of
glxinfo
It sure says yes, and other games work fine...

Urkle Wrote:Make sure you installed the 32-bit compatibility libraries for the nvidia drivers!!
I just tested it with the 180.08 beta drivers, and made sure I said "[Yes]" when it asked about installing the 32 bit compatiblity libraries - and if I didn't have those, it shouldn't work at all anyway... or is there a software-renderer? Would be a surprise, although I would expect it to work much better on a Core2Duo E6600 - considering UT99's software rendering worked perfectly fine on that old hardware we had back then Tongue

Urkle Wrote:Next check to make sure that Penumbra is finding the correct OpenGL library.

ldd ./requiem.bin | grep libGL.so.1
ldd /usr/bin/glxinfo | grep libGL.so.1
The path for libGL.so.1 should be the same path. (well except you are on 64bit linux so, one would be in a lib64 dir and the other in a lib dir)
I do have all the necessary 32 bit libs installled in /opt/lib32
And for some reason `ldd` tells me that requiem.bin is not a dynamic executable.. which is odd... (yes, I used it on the .bin, not on the shell script...)

Meh... I'll make a 32 bit chroot now ... if it doesn't work then, it's most likely the driver which would suck :/

I also tried it on my brother's PC, he's using gentoo...
and O wonder... it works... (gentoo uses multilib... so I hope it's really a library problem...)
11-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Find
Blub Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [solved] Black map :S

Okay sorry, it seems like it was my own stupidity.
I did have 32 bit GL libraries installed, however, it was the wrong package...
for some reason the 32 bit libs the nvidia-installer installed weren't used, I found out that I had lib32-libgl installed, but I needed lib32-nvidia-utils...

It works now Smile
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Find