Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entity Skins Vanish
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
Entity Skins Vanish

I have a grandfather clock in one of my maps.

It used to show up in the map, but all of sudden it doesn't anymore. The entity is still there, because when I walk into it, there's something invisible there preventing me from moving forward. So the entity works otherwise, but it's just invisible. Is there a way to fix this?

I haven't tampered with the files in any way. I copy and past custom models to custom folders for use, but otherwise the files are unchanged.

02-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Entity Skins Vanish

When you mean past models, do you mean from Penumbra? If so, perhaps follow this: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid43030

If you mean that you edited the clock from Amnesia, open up the model editor and make sure that the correct mesh is used, and that the directory is included in your resources.cfg file.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I think he meant paste, not past.

And I think the problem might be as simple as a .map_cache preventing changes from showing. Go to your maps folder and delete them.

02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

The mesh can't find the texture that was needed.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(02-17-2014, 09:39 AM)Romulator Wrote: When you mean past models, do you mean from Penumbra? If so, perhaps follow this: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid43030

If you mean that you edited the clock from Amnesia, open up the model editor and make sure that the correct mesh is used, and that the directory is included in your resources.cfg file.

I didn't edit any files. I grabbed the grandfather clock entity from a different custom story (which was fully functional in their custom story) and pasted it to a custom folder for custom entities. The custom entities are just entities that aren't apart of the base entities found in Amnesia, so Penumbra entities, custom entities other's have made, and AAMFP entities.

All I did was copy and paste the entire grandfather clock folder into my own folder. It worked the first 30 times I tested the map, then all of a sudden it stopped showing the texture.

(02-17-2014, 09:45 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I think he meant paste, not past.

And I think the problem might be as simple as a .map_cache preventing changes from showing. Go to your maps folder and delete them.

I have no .map_cache. I've never had a .map_cache to delete.

(02-17-2014, 10:13 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: The mesh can't find the texture that was needed.

Which makes no sense because I've done absolutely NOTHING to the folder that the texture and mesh are found in. :/

02-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Are you sure you have no .map_cache? They usually generate when you load the map so that the game can reload the map faster next time. Have you enabled the extensions?
If that is not the issue, perhaps it's somehow interfering with the grandfather clock in the default assets, though that would be strange if it didn't before.
Are you able to make a new map and place it there, and have it work in the game as well?
Also, where do you have this clock located? You should place it within your own folder in /entities if you haven't already.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM by Mudbill.)
02-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Probably you didn't copy the correct files, so the model was working fine because you still had the original custom story (with all the clock files it needs). Maybe now you removed this cs? Or you isolated your cs completely?

02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Find