Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Dark Released
hereandnowlive Offline

Threads: 2
In Dark Released

[Image: 268014390.jpg]
In Dark is finished, I hope you will check it out, and if you do I hope you will enjoy it as well. In hind site I am worried I made way too many ties to amnesia and penumbra but will see how it pans out.

Moddb link here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/in-dark
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 12:28 AM by hereandnowlive.)
02-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: In Dark Released

*worked on something for 2 years*

*does not have the patience to set up a proper thread on FG forum and links moddb instead*

Seriously at least put up a picture with a big bold title or something.

I will see if I can give it a play, and perhaps if you're lucky I give it a review but no promises as always.
02-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Got a crash when I opened the mod. I decided to pick another map (beginning_2), it worked fine. Got another crash later, i'll put the rest in spoiler.

Spoiler below!
I liked the voice acting, it's a lot better than in most of the mods I played so far.
I liked the attention to detailing in the beginning.

Thing is, there are too many mapping mistakes imo. Glitching textures, or gaps between static objects happened a bit too often for me. Also, collideable grass : /.
Lighting is very very simple as well, it's made with boxlights (the colors are well-picked though), but boxlights aren't something you want to use a lot. At some points, I could very clearly see the change of boxlight when I opened doors.

The events after the map room were weird as fuck. Maybe they'd make sense with the story, I can't tell for now. Was a lot of teleports and random stuff spawning, I am not a great fan of that kind of event :/.
Mod then crashed when I entered a weird area with trees and castlebase assets, still a bit after the "map room".

Also, I didn't like the music used but it's just my very personal opinion ^^.

Anyway, so far we can see there was a lot of work put into this and that's good, but I think the mapping is still a bit weak.

Still, can't tell much more because game crashed a lot ^^. Maybe due to the AMFP patch I downloaded :/.

02-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Find
hereandnowlive Offline

Threads: 2

Ya sorry about that. That sucks that it keeps crashing for you. I checked the mod with another computer and it didn't seem to have any issues so I am utterly confused. Also about the thread, ya I am very new to this form so I don't really know what the hell I am doing. I posted here for predominantly exposure but I was really worried about something going wrong if I linked or setup something improperly so I just played it safe and linked the moddb page. I am sorry if this is improper protocol or something along those lines and I will look into fixing it.

Edit: Ok it at least looks a little better now.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 12:19 AM by hereandnowlive.)
02-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Find
SavageGamer Offline

Threads: 0

No crash here, I created a let's play of your mod, and honestly enjoyed it! Please disregard the intro and how critical I am in the first episode, I have a series where I play "Terrible mods" and mistakenly began to play yours only to find out it is a very long, well developed mod! I must say, what your FG Thread lacks, your mod makes up for.

Link to my playthrough (4 video playlist): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIK1z3Wm...dQj3psyANH
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 08:46 PM by SavageGamer.)
01-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Find