Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should this be a thing?
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
Should this be a thing?

Canceled.

- Inactive account -
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 10:52 AM by Artyom.)
03-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Should this be a thing?

I'd say it's a good idea. It certainly doesn't hurt anyone so it's a win-win situation if you feel like doing it Smile

03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

(03-05-2014, 11:19 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I'd say it's a good idea. It certainly doesn't hurt anyone so it's a win-win situation if you feel like doing it Smile

Hello sir. I went over to your youtube channel and we need more people like you! That is like a properly well structured tutorial, magnificent work indeed!

- Inactive account -
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I don't know, I thought each new mod raised the bar a little higher.
But there's already hundred of wiki entries, thousand of new good looking mods,
lot of utube videos, and still they go with "Your name is..." + mansionbase.

I think it's just a small portion of the community, cause time to time someone comes with a good mod and surprise us.

03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

(03-06-2014, 12:21 AM)Amn Wrote: I don't know, I thought each new mod raised the bar a little higher.

I think it's just a small portion of the community, cause time to time someone comes with a good mod and surprise us.

Indeed, they are all very similar but amnesia is four years old now. We should be able to make a lot better mods than the ones we got.

Just as an example I got an comparison from the criticism thread on two pictures fairly similar but they look as if they were taken from two different genres of amnesia.

Spoiler below!

[Image: j5Ghgc8.jpg]
[Image: 2ah7g44.jpg]

Of course the second picture may have been intended to look just like that but look at it... As harsh as it sounds it feels like we're going backwards right now. People are rushing out mods because they want their favorite you youtuber to play it, even though it could have been ten times better.

As mentioned before I am only helping others creating mods, just to raise the standard a little bit, but still there will be inexperienced people rushing out mods with the exact same story and scares etc, there just no creativity anymore...

- Inactive account -
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yeah, creativity in Amnesia mods can be difficult to find nowadays, mainly because the game is as old as it is. People are moving away from it. It still sparks attention among new people, but not as much as before since the youtubers aren't playing it as much as they used to.

But yeah, like Amn says, sometimes a great mod might just pop up out of nowhere. To make a quality CS/mod, people probably spend like .5 to 1.5 years. Perhaps some people are nearly finished with some they started long ago. But perhaps many people decide not to make as much now because they know it takes time and fear few people will be there to appreciate it once it comes out.

Oh, and thank you for your kind words Blush

03-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Quote: But perhaps many people decide not to make as much now because they know it takes time and fear few people will be there to appreciate it once it comes out.
My words!
TBH... Don''t make it too big and great!
There is like 20% left of the people who play custom story''s and mods of amnesia..
Amnesia = kinda bleeding to death.
Thats totally normal tho! ( it''s getting old already )
Just, there are a lot of amazing indie horrorgames for free out there with amazing quality.
WAY better then "AMNESIA AGAIN ; Mansion \ dungeon \ castle \ walk outside -> END...." If you guys know what i mean.
There are like MAX a handfull GOOD \ AMAZING mods.
Mine also is NOT so good rated \ scored on ModDb, that''s why i can see and tell you guys Amnesia is at his end.
( All of this above is only my opinion before people go *** you guys know what i talk about Wink )[
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 03:05 AM by DnALANGE.)
03-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(03-06-2014, 12:21 AM)Amn Wrote: I don't know, I thought each new mod raised the bar a little higher.

Agreed. It's no problem for first time modders to start with a simple little thing (I myself am starting relatively tame/safe) and occasionally you get something utterly bizarre and refreshing like A Late Night Drink.

But modders shouldn't be afraid to step outside the box a little and, Zandrojakov, something like this could really help. If modders could get a better idea of what their stories could be capable of, the quality could really pick up.

You have a resounding "yes" from me on your idea, sir!! =D

And having seen the work you've done with "Helena", I know there's tons of cool tips and tricks you can share with the rest of the community, as I know I've learned so much just by watching you put the maps together!

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM by AGP.)
03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Find
Solarflaire Offline

Threads: 3

@Zandrojakov.

Yes please!
03-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Find
Artyom Offline