Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Starting items
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Starting items

It's important to work with the script and figure out how it works. Yeah, it might take you days, but we all started from the same experience. If you work with it, it might just take you 15 minutes yourself eventually.

I recommend looking at the scripts Frictional used to make this in the first place. What you want here happened in the water monster level (was it Cellar Archives?). Open that script file and try to make sense of it. Yeah, it will be difficult, but it's a starting point.

As for making this particular scene, add a collision area event after going through that one door. Inside the event, force the player to look at the door using StartPlayerLookAt and possibly SetPlayerActive. Also use SetSwingDoorClosed and SetSwingDoorLocked to close and lock the door. Don't forget to call StopPlayerLookAt, possibly within the callback that is made in the last parameter of StartPlayerLookAt.

As for the second event, what was originally done was that the whole level was changed in the way that the player was teleported to another part of the map that looked identical apart from slight differences, mainly the water. Add a collision event again, this time adding effects that make this more smooth. Use FadeOut, perhaps StartScreenShake, FadePlayerFOVMulTo and other things you might want. Once the screen is fully black from the FadeOut, teleport the player to another location (within the same map, just elsewhere with similar scenary but including water) and fade back in using FadeIn.

This is a very brief explanation of what to do. It should work if you understand what I'm trying to explain here. Making the script is up to you though. This isn't exactly beginner stuff, but definitely not impossible. Good luck!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 11:18 PM by Mudbill.)
03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

Hmm yeah i understand you not at all but i did
I think something (just idea ok? Don't be angry to me please)
Make a video how to make this and be sure you got subscribe and like from me and its new episode for you xD

03-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33

(03-09-2014, 12:14 AM)Straxedix Wrote: Hmm yeah i understand you not at all but i did
I think something (just idea ok? Don't be angry to me please)
Make a video how to make this and be sure you got subscribe and like from me and its new episode for you xD

I think you should really start looking into the frictional games wiki a bit more. There are tons of tutorials for (almost) everything you can do with the engine. Apart from that you can always go into one of the described levels from Amnesia: The Dark Descent and look into the .hps files simultaneously and try to reproduce what you're able to do.

The Frictional Games Wiki
Everything you need to know about creating custom stories
Many tutorials about almost every aspect of the engine

For scripting, just try to start here and learn from there on.

It's really not that hard once you're into it. Asking on the forum for every little thing will keep you away from actually learning to do those thing (or come up with) yourself.
That's just my honest opinion about that.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
03-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

Thanks man i'm idiot i annoying people around for my little things thanks a lot Smile

03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Find