Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Random Stuff

(05-09-2014, 04:55 PM)Red Wrote: I hurt my arm pretty bad today, i just lifted an object and my shoulder snapped. After that, pain invaded my hand, the shoulder got twisted somehow. After little time of suffering, i gathered my courage and pushed it back. That moment i saw stars, even more ruthless insane pain, i screamed like tortured, and then couple of seconds after, a relief, the pain settled down, it wasn't that intensive anymore.
It still hurts, but i can bear it, i got it checked and they said there's no need to worry, no joint nor muscle got damaged, the shoulder just got twisted a little and got off of it's place a little.
I can imagine those who completely have managed to dislocate their shoulder, even this was just so intesive that it got me to tears of agony.

I wish you to get better man!
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I doubt anyone here will understand what I am talking about here but I will vent on.

So Sky Go right.... I pay £25 a month, 50% off (£50 at 100%), and what do you get? Not even 720p streaming services! What a joke.

[Image: luv.gif]
05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(05-09-2014, 05:23 PM)Lazzer Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 04:55 PM)Red Wrote: I hurt my arm pretty bad today, i just lifted an object and my shoulder snapped. After that, pain invaded my hand, the shoulder got twisted somehow. After little time of suffering, i gathered my courage and pushed it back. That moment i saw stars, even more ruthless insane pain, i screamed like tortured, and then couple of seconds after, a relief, the pain settled down, it wasn't that intensive anymore.
It still hurts, but i can bear it, i got it checked and they said there's no need to worry, no joint nor muscle got damaged, the shoulder just got twisted a little and got off of it's place a little.
I can imagine those who completely have managed to dislocate their shoulder, even this was just so intesive that it got me to tears of agony.

Thanks man! It's not that bad when you have week off work or so, lol, but the pain must've been one of the worst i've ever experienced in my life so far.
Just try to avoid unsafe lifting methods, you might end up like me or if not even worse otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM by Red.)
05-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(05-09-2014, 06:08 PM)Red Wrote:

Thanks man! It's not that bad when you have week off work or so, lol, but the pain must've been one of the worst i've ever experienced in my life so far.
Just try to avoid unsafe lifting methods, you might end up like me or if not even worse otherwise.

In PE we had to lift each other 5 times...
Too bad for me. We were in pairs and I was with this dude who got a little too much on the sides... Yup he was heavy.
I did lift him the 5 times. But that day after school I could seriously feel it in my back when I walked.
Also the next day. And the day after that. Then it disappeard.

I give the same advice:

Quote:Just try to avoid unsafe lifting methods, you might end up like me or if not even worse otherwise.

but also remember what you are lifting. Heavy things are dangerous.

Trying is the first step to success.
05-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(05-09-2014, 06:46 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 06:08 PM)Red Wrote:

In PE we had to lift each other 5 times...
Too bad for me. We were in pairs and I was with this dude who got a little too much on the sides... Yup he was heavy.
I did lift him the 5 times. But that day after school I could seriously feel it in my back when I walked.
Also the next day. And the day after that. Then it disappeard.

I give the same advice:

Quote:Just try to avoid unsafe lifting methods, you might end up like me or if not even worse otherwise.

but also remember what you are lifting. Heavy things are dangerous.
Correct, if two hands aren't enough, four or more most likely are, ask someone to help if you feel something is too heavy for you to handle, it's never a bad thing, helping each other is part of job, it's an obligation.

EDIT: And to add, if you want to lift something from the ground, whatever it is, use your feet more than your back, they're much stronger and it also prevents from older age back problems.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 06:59 PM by Red.)
05-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

And here I show you how I, a one of a kind mastermind, plan my custom story levels:

Spoiler below!
[Image: wOeBNJN.png]
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(05-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Tiger Wrote: And here I show you how I, a one of a kind mastermind, plan my custom story levels:

Spoiler below!

Let me guess:
Castle base, like the back-hall?

I do the same thing sometimes. Just with squares instead. It looks much nicer.

05-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(05-09-2014, 07:19 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Tiger Wrote: And here I show you how I, a one of a kind mastermind, plan my custom story levels:

Spoiler below!

Let me guess:

spot on.
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(05-09-2014, 07:42 PM)Tiger Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Let me guess:

spot on.

I think the back hall is a concept that has been copied one of the most times.

Especially the "stairs close to the wall" part.
it also plays a major role in many CSs so I can understand why.
It connects multiple maps. It's a safe area. And it's the place with the door to continuation.

What people should ask themselves is, how could you not have this in your CS.
But think about your styling. Maybe go with something else than castle-base?
Just to be different ^_^

05-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(05-09-2014, 08:19 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 07:42 PM)Tiger Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Let me guess:

spot on.

I think the back hall is a concept that has been copied one of the most times.

Especially the "stairs close to the wall" part.
it also plays a major role in many CSs so I can understand why.
It connects multiple maps. It's a safe area. And it's the place with the door to continuation.

What people should ask themselves is, how could you not have this in your CS.
But think about your styling. Maybe go with something else than castle-base?
Just to be different ^_^

Yeah, I was thinking of that. I started working on this map yesterday, so I can still change some things. I kind of want it to be somewhat unique, but I can't really figure out how.
05-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Find