Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Souls 2
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Dark Souls 2

Well I finally got the DLC after such a long time! Currently have beaten Sunken King, and most of Iron King (Still have Sir Allone to go through).

I have to say I'm massively enjoying the DLC so far. The obvious standout for me in the DLC is the amazing level design in the actual world levels themselves with Iron King being absolutely stunning in this respect imo due to the very tightly woven Brume Tower which has tons of paths.

Bosses are cool, but don't exactly have the same mind-blowing quality as the levels imo. My favorite right now is currently the Fume Knight who I think is an outstanding boss. Sir Allone could very well go into this category as well. Even though I've only fought him once, his design and moveset reminds me so much of Artorious from DS1 who I absolutely adored. To my great horror he seems to share his high level of aggression as well lol.

Looking forward to finishing up the Iron King, and moving on to Ivory King!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Artorias was fucking awesome, the armor, the sword, the lore, all great. Have you gotten his sword from Brume Tower?

*Fume Knight was great as well.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 09:06 PM by i3670.)
11-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Are you talking about the Majestic Greatsword? If so yeah I got it. I'll give it a little try later on.

Currently running on NG with a DEX character I built specifically just so I could play the DLC on NG, and not NG+ with my main. Using the Curved Dragon Greatsword right now which I think is pretty awesome.

Image by BandyGrass
11-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

How's the poise dmg on that? Heard that DEX builds suck when it comes to stunning.

Also, yes that sword. I have a crazy urge to play DS1 again now.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(11-12-2014, 09:30 PM)i3670 Wrote: How's the poise dmg on that? Heard that DEX builds suck when it comes to stunning.

It doesn't seem to be too bad. In all honesty that sword kind of fills the same role that a typical STR super heavy weapon would except it goes maybe a very "small" bit faster.

I didn't really pay attention to too much of the rest of the game with this character since it was the DLC I was focused on, and I noticed the only enemies I really had trouble stunning besides the really big ones were the Sanctum Knights in Sunken King.

Then again when I watched LobosJr play the DLC he was using a gigantic STR Greatsword, and it still wasn't breaking their poise.

Image by BandyGrass
11-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Find