Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Souls 2
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4
RE: Dark Souls 2

Spoiler below!
Ah, you`re good if you beat them solo. They drove me nuts. As far as I got it there are certain places (some covenants now have a dedicated area that belongs to them and trespassers can get invaded) as well as certain circumstances that make you invadable even if you are Hollow. But not sure if you came past that stuff already.

/////////////////////////////////////
03-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Friend of mine posted his (extremely long) thoughts on Dark Souls 2 on another forum that I frequent. There are no spoilers in there so feel free to go check it out if you're interested! He goes rather in-depth on all of it:

http://forums.deletionquality.net/showth...mpressions

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(03-31-2014, 11:11 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Friend of mine posted his (extremely long) thoughts on Dark Souls 2 on another forum that I frequent. There are no spoilers in there so feel free to go check it out if you're interested! He goes rather in-depth on all of it:

http://forums.deletionquality.net/showth...mpressions
^
Have to agree with a lot of that, the game is worth every penny but it just feels "not as good" for people like us (or just me) who have sunken in at least 1000 hours in Demon/Dark Souls.

If anything the game is easier than it's predecessors.
04-01-2014, 03:31 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

No more Dark Souls veterans here? Tomorrow is the big day for the PC-gamer. My CE is on the way, hooray!
04-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(04-24-2014, 02:21 PM)droog Wrote: My CE is on the way, hooray!

Amazing chest ahead!

Spoiler below!
only ds players will understand
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

My own CE is coming tomorrow for PC as well! Praise the sun!!

Oh, and since this place seems like the place to be for Dark Souls, I'd just like to share that I finished my first "speed-run" (More like a "fast" run since I was streaming it and not on super try hard mode a lot of the time) for the first Dark Souls.

[Image: XsIJwZP.jpg]

Let's see if I can shave off an hour, or even more the next time I try it Big Grin

Image by BandyGrass
04-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

FUCK YOU PURSUER

I've totally lost my parrying skills
04-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(04-25-2014, 06:58 PM)Deep One Wrote: FUCK YOU PURSUER

I've totally lost my parrying skills

Oh yeah that f*cker killed me around a dozen times before I got him. How are you guys doing? According to steam I played 20+ hours since last friday Big Grin. Currently SL 153 and I think I will enter NG+ soon. I played the ps3 version (till amana), before the pc so I knew how to beat the bosses and which path I should take.
04-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I've currently just gotten the King's Ring (Around 27 hours in), and am nearly almost done with NG I must say. I'll probably have to spoil myself as to when, and how the game ends to prevent myself from accidentally ending my run before that happens.

I'm hesitant to make a lot of judgment calls on what I think about the game, because it's only my first run, and many of my complaints may very well be void just because I haven't found the things which nullify them yet.

As someone who's played the original Dark Souls quite a bit, I can safely say that this game is giving me a much harder time than Dark Souls 1 gave me on its first run. It is in no way easier than the first. Although there were more than a few bosses who were complete pushovers than I was expecting although that may partially be part of the "ushering completely new players in phase" which I had already conquered in the first Dark Souls.

I'd say my current biggest gripe with the game is that the bosses don't seem as memorable as in the first one. I can hardly name any bosses which particularly stood out in their own way to me whereas in the first game many of them left a lasting impact on my memory even if it was my very first time meeting them, and I hadn't fought them so many times over.

Another thing which is a bit of a more personal preference which I wished to have seen is the lack of the game hyping up the important boss fights before-hand. In the original Dark Souls all the four lords had previous character backstory, and dialogue given to you to let you know these were big figures in the lore. At the very least Frampt/Kathee would give you their names, and at most Seath even had a sort of mini story-arc with you fighting him, failing, and then being taken prisoner by him.

In Dark Souls 2 I frequently went up against the lords without any sort of previous knowledge that this was going to be one of the powerful old lords. It makes the encounters far less impactful the first time you go into them. If I've missed something though feel free to tell me.

The PC port I'm happy to say runs extremely well for the most part, although I will say that the biggest problem I've had technically so far is mouse input lag, especially when it comes to my character raising his shield. There is a very noticeable 0.5 second delay to when you click the mouse button to when the character will raise their shield which has gotten me hit on numerous occasions.

I won't say much more for now, since like I said before I need to dwell deeper into the game before knowing anything for certain, but I still will say that Dark Souls 2 is a jolly good(?) time which was worth every cent of my purchase, and time spent with it!

Image by BandyGrass
04-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

For me the game feels slightly "easier" or let's say "more accessible" than DS1. When you in DS1 just had the flasks which you had to graduate clever you can easily buy the gems in DS2. I had never really a problem with my "health-management" in DS2. Also it feels like the bonfires are very close together. I was suprised when I discovered a new bonfire, because I didn't even needed one at the moment. Smile

Really you don't like the boss designs? Imo DS1 + DS2 have the best character and boss designs ever (just my opinion).
My favourites from DS2 based on their apperance: (just the ones you've also beaten (2 are missing))
Spoiler below!
Demon of Song (creepy as hell Big Grin), Looking glass knight, Freja

For DS1:
-Sif, Artorias, Seath, Priscilla

(04-29-2014, 12:53 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Another thing which is a bit of a more personal preference which I wished to have seen is the lack of the game hyping up the important boss fights before-hand.
Agreed. I was like "woot", when I read "Great Soul Embraced" after the first "Old one".

Do you play the game completely with mouse + keyboard ?

//sorry for my bad english Confused
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Find