Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Hatches and Ladders
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20
Question  Hatches and Ladders

So, I'm trying to create an area where the player climbs up a ladder to a hatch. I want the hatch to open for the player, so that they can kind of peek out at the new area from under it. I've had all number of problems.

Thus far I've tried making a new entity for the hatch which is affected by player gravity. It doesn't work for vertical motion, from my tests. Then I tried creating a collide script so that when the player's head touches the hatch, it would receive an upward impulse. It kind of worked, but was really flaky about whether or not it would open, and it was also quite jittery when it did work.

I'm tempted to scrap the idea and simply have the hatch open as per the player entering a script area, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or ideas on how I might be able to retain the original concept.

Thanks ahead of time if you can offer any insight. Cheers.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 03:03 AM by BonesTheRabbit.)
04-13-2014, 02:57 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Hatches and Ladders

I'll take a look at this with a test map. If I can get it to work, I'll let you know! Big Grin

Edit: I think I did okay. It's not perfect but it works fairly well. I'll tweak it a bit more and see if I can get it to be any better. Otherwise, I'll post my map and script here Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 04:32 PM by Romulator.)
04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Find