Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Abandoned Town (Community Project)
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project?

Fuck, I'm sorry, did I do that?
I never changed where the starting spawn is, I just added another for when I editted...
Is it me?

Trying is the first step to success.
04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Haha, yeah, there's a second spawn at your map partition. You just added the location, not changing it.

Kia knows where the original spawn is though :3

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

This is the map, I haven't changed any spawn thing
my map is at Y: -50 WIP and it's half done so the one who takes the map now has to build normally as if I didn't do anything

i'm gonna complete my map at the next take Smile
https://www.mediafire.com/?9re8fermcaey7s9

listen to boards of canada
04-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Website Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I'm going to grab the map for a second just to fix a few things with my room (noticed a few static decals were poking through the ceiling into others' maps and stuff) - shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

Fixed it up:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7320...ds2_05.rar

Noticeable changes:

- fixed the pointlights and fog areas in my room so they (hopefully) won't cause problems for future maps (sorry about that)
- Added a lever on the other side of my door (lemme know if that's not okay, Romulator c: I'll use scripting instead in that case) so if you spawn outside my room, it can still be accessed

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 03:51 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
04-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22

Can you work multiple times on the map? I really love this! Also how did my map go? I'm still very young if you have criticism hints tell me! I added a lever that opens a stone wall if you haven't already seen.

[Image: fnaf3_by_maybeanothercat-d8flfz4.gif]
04-17-2014, 05:29 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Yes you can participate multiple times c:
As long as no new-comers are waiting for the map to become available (since it wouldn't be fair to steal the chance from anyone else).

As for criticism...
Spoiler below!

Your layouts look pretty good and I like the amount of detail you're putting in c: A lot of starters forget to detail their maps, so it's nice to see someone paying attention to the little things!

That said, there are some things you could improve - for example, the fog particles shouldn't stand out too much or clip through objects (such as the floor and book shelves) when possible. I find lowering their alpha to around .5 or .75 helps a lot with this.

On the topic of opaque objects, this same criticism applies to your billboards. While billboards can look amazing and very sexy, you should try to remember that they're actually light rays created by light bouncing off of dust particles in the air (or lens flares/bloom effects), so they shouldn't be drastically strong.

Another thing to note is that the ceiling in your first area is pitch black (despite ample light around the rest of the room). Try to make sure that there aren't "black holes" in your map (even some very dim point lights would be a vast improvement)

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 06:13 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
04-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22

(04-17-2014, 06:12 AM)Kia Wrote: Yes you can participate multiple times c:
As long as no new-comers are waiting for the map to become available (since it wouldn't be fair to steal the chance from anyone else).

As for criticism...
Spoiler below!

Your layouts look pretty good and I like the amount of detail you're putting in c: A lot of starters forget to detail their maps, so it's nice to see someone paying attention to the little things!

That said, there are some things you could improve - for example, the fog particles shouldn't stand out too much or clip through objects (such as the floor and book shelves) when possible. I find lowering their alpha to around .5 or .75 helps a lot with this.

On the topic of opaque objects, this same criticism applies to your billboards. While billboards can look amazing and very sexy, you should try to remember that they're actually light rays created by light bouncing off of dust particles in the air (or lens flares/bloom effects), so they shouldn't be drastically strong.

Another thing to note is that the ceiling in your first area is pitch black (despite ample light around the rest of the room). Try to make sure that there aren't "black holes" in your map (even some very dim point lights would be a vast improvement)

Thank you Kia, that was very helpful! Do you voice act? Because I would need it for ky mod since the voice actress that I've chosen doesn't write back. If you don't voice act, do you know a female voice actress maybe?

[Image: fnaf3_by_maybeanothercat-d8flfz4.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 06:37 AM by Nikson..)
04-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Unfortunately, my microphone's too broken to provide good-quality voice acting (you should hear me in skype calls - I sound like a drowning chipmunk :p). I believe AGP and BeatrixTheStrange are both voice actresses c:

Oh and another note on particles:
You can increase the alpha to 100 (just type 100 in the box - it'll show up as 1, but it's 100) to help figure out if they're clipping through anything. I know it's hard to tell when they're so transparent as it is c:

The same thing works with colours and lights - you can increase the values above 1, it just doesn't show in the level editor.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 06:42 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
04-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

Lawd I was busy yesterday, is this thingie still open for business? Big Grin
04-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak