Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor CardDB Report (Gfx Card Detection)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Minor CardDB Report (Gfx Card Detection)

Hi, just wanted to report a slight bug/error of sorts that I noticed some time ago. Basically, when I first got the game, opening the launcher and clicking "Detect" on the graphics option would give me a message along the lines of

"Card is not recognized, assuming medium settings."

Now, I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 6970M card, however the launcher calls it an ATI Radeon HD 6970M card. Aside from the mismatch of the name, I recently took a look at the launcher_card_database.cfg file in /launcher and it seems to not have the M series included.

<Model Name="Radeon HD" Manufacturer="Ati">
    <Series Code="2???" Rating="1" />
    <Series Code="3???" Rating="1" />
    <Series Code="4???" Rating="2" />
    <Series Code="5???" Rating="2" />
    <Series Code="6???" Rating="2" />
</Model>

This is near the bottom by default. It goes far enough to match "ATI Radeon HD 6970" but misses the M. I'm aware that there is a series of AMD cards without the M, but perhaps the M series should be added as well. I added this line in order to get it to detect the card:

<Series Code="6???M" Rating="2" />

Now it works fine, but this edit shouldn't be necessary. Also (I guess it's nitpicking but) the name is officially AMD rather than ATI. I'm unsure why Amnesia detects it as ATI when the Mac itself calls it AMD. I know ATI used to manufacture these cards, but that was before 2006. My card was released late 2010 and the ATI brand name was abandoned earlier that year. Idk, I just felt like I'd point that out Tongue

This is by all means a very minor thing. I just wanted to mention it.

04-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Find