Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Missing all the DLLs, among other problems :( :(
Wavesonics Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Missing all the DLLs, among other problems :( :(

I bought this game the day it game out, and I still haven't played it.

I tried to play on the computer on which I played the original two (Vista 32), but there were terrible graphical artifacts, and it ran much slower than the previous two.

So I waited because I was building a new computer. The new computer is running Vista 64, and it is missed EVERY dll the game needs.

First was some Windows dll, msvcs75 something or other. I finally tracked that down, got it working, but now it's missing openal, libogg, and all these others, i tracked them down one by one, but finally I have tried several versions of libvorbis, but it must be compiled with some special options b/c none of the ones I found work.

I'm destined not to play this game Sad

What will happen to our intrepid hero! I may never know Sad

I hope you guys can get published on Steam or something more reliable for your next game. Even as frustrating as this has been though, you guys are awesome, can't wait to see your next game Smile
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Missing all the DLLs, among other problems :( :(

There must be some problem with the installation. Is it Requiem that u bought?

That game is an expansion and must be installed on top of a working copy of Black Plague, else it will not work.
01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Missing all the DLLs, among other problems :( :(

I guess it's Requiem, since he said 'two' games that he's played.
So yeah, might be that he haven't installed Black Plague.

01-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Website Find
Wavesonics Offline

Threads: 3

(01-14-2009, 07:50 AM)Scraper Wrote: I guess it's Requiem, since he said 'two' games that he's played.
So yeah, might be that he haven't installed Black Plague.

Crap, thats what it is. But I can't install Black Plague b/c the stupid download service won't let me install again Sad Talk about DRM fail.
01-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Maybe you should contact them via email and ask if it's possible to download it again...
Since you've bought it, in my eyes it looks OK. But what the owners of the site thinks... I don't know.

01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Website Find