Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The weirdest things you dream about?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
The weirdest things you dream about?

I'm always interested in hearing about what crazy stuff people have dreams about - probably because when I describe my typical dreams to people, they look at me like I have twelve heads. What are the weirdest things you've ever had dreams about?

In my case, the only "normal" dreams I've ever had are ones that are about my daily life; mundane, to say the least. These are few and far in between, though.
I typically dream about bizarre places, crazy architecture that makes little sense, very strange goings-on, et cetera.

A few examples would be:
Recurring dreams about visiting a state park-type tourist attraction run by an incredibly shifty group of people
Spoiler below!
Basically, I find myself in a group of people I'm supposed to know and we visit this place that's a cross between a historical site and a state park. The curator [a man who looks like a more dapper version of Col. Sanders] and the tour guide [a plump red-headed woman in a denim jumper] walk us around to these different places, and each time I have the dream a new location is added to the tour - what's weirdest is that all of us in the group remember having been here doing this before, and we know that the curator and guide are up to something, but we never deduce what.

The areas we travel through are strange, to say the least. An office area [staffed by people who appear to be those door-to-door Mormon types], occasionally an area under the front deck [that leads into a structure resembling the Alamo, populated by mummies O_o], an open-air room that is perpetually full of thick ice [even in the 90+ degree temperatures] that appears to start creeping up onto your skin if you touch it, a limestone hotspring, a forest that vaguely resembles my backyard with tons of animals that stare eerily at you, and, most recently, a hill with a gravity-defying stream running up it.

Going to "the other side" of the lake community I live in to visit with people I know who have passed on
Spoiler below!
Since I'm working my way up to the status of a shaman, this really isn't a surprising one. Shamans are believed to have the ability to communicate with the dead, including being able to cross over in their dreams.

These dreams are usually characterized by me leaving the daytime side of the lake and traveling to the nighttime side, where I visit a cul-de-sac built around a concave meadow, near a house with steer skulls on the garage next to it. When I have to leave, a man comes outside and sees me off. Then I go back to the daytime side, and am greeted by many people I don't know who ask me how I am and offer to walk me home. I join a group of them, and walk in silence, listening to them talk amongst themselves until I reach a fork in the road near my house, where I immediately awaken.

Other times, they involve me going back to my childhood home to visit my grandparents or being visited by old family friends who I catch up with.

They're always incredibly symbolic, as well.

Crazy locations that don't make any sense logically
Spoiler below!
A white marble stairwell to nowhere in the middle of a moon-like vista, a hospital/castle hybrid with a rope bridge I have to cross up to a narrow ledge in the dark [while I'm being pursued by a doctor who wants to perform unauthorized psychosurgery on me], odd, complex mansions all done up in red/gold/white, a quaint house with a logically absurd staircase that appears
impossible to ascend, although I somehow manage to climb it and then stand there questioning how I'll get back down safely, et cetera.

And I dream about things people find disturbing quite frequently - zombie apocalype scenarios, places overrun with monsters [some of which wind up in my writing], graphic murders committed by total whackjobs, very strange things that could never happen [giving myself a spinal tap, my house becoming some weird camp for creepy people, being sent to an old-school reformatory for no apparent reason, yada yada yada].

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
06-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: The weirdest things you dream about?

A recurring dream I've had lately is about a sequence of locations. My house, my school, a mall, and a water park beside a library all located on one street. The dream skips to the water park or the library very quickly. Something different occurs each time I visit the place. Once, I was stepping into the water park, feeling like a child again, though I lost something in the process. Other times I am in the library. It gets a bit scary in the library. The books are children's, but are bound in stacks and appear a bit ancient. Once, a tarantula was crawling all over the place.

On one occasion I dreamt more about the mall. I don't particularly remember what it was about, but I felt like I was late for something.

My feeling towards this dream is neutral. Sometimes I wake up feeling nostalgic, and either times a bit uneasy.

[Image: p229xcq]
06-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I've almost never had dreams, but I remain very well one:

I'm standing in a VERY dark corridor, and there's a black silhouette behind me, with red eyes. The only thing I did was to walk so the dark shape didn't get me, but it was always right behind me, and the corridor never ended. The dreams stopped when I decided "fuck this" and I faced the shadow. I remain how when I faced it, it faded out. Kind of strange.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(06-29-2014, 09:23 AM)The chaser Wrote: I've almost never had dreams, but I remain very well one:

I'm standing in a VERY dark corridor, and there's a black silhouette behind me, with red eyes. The only thing I did was to walk so the dark shape didn't get me, but it was always right behind me, and the corridor never ended. The dreams stopped when I decided "fuck this" and I faced the shadow. I remain how when I faced it, it faded out. Kind of strange.

accually it waz dolan
06-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(06-29-2014, 11:55 AM)Deep One Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 09:23 AM)The chaser Wrote: I've almost never had dreams, but I remain very well one:

accually it waz dolan

I forgot to mention one thing

i raepd d shdw

Meh, nevermind.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

(06-29-2014, 02:19 AM)ThatCrazyShaman Wrote: Going to "the other side" of the lake community I live in

Shaman, do you live in Silent Hill?

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 01:06 AM by MrBehemoth.)
06-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Apart from that weird shaman deal, I like your writing style CrazyShaman.
You like to read right?

06-30-2014, 02:35 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

I have a few recurring themes that I dream about:

-Missing and failing a class, and going back to high school for some reason. Also, not being able to locate said class.
-Traveling a long distance, knowing the destination, but unsure of exactly how to get there. Pretty obvious meaning.
-Almost all interactions with men are negative. Can't stand this one, and it makes dealing with my issues harder.

But, one thing I love about dreams: most of the time, they make no sense (the themes I just listed have pretty obvious meanings). But they do when I'm having them. I've flown in outer space in a mech and was dog-fighting with another, once. Definitely a favorite of mine. Also, once I was Sonic the hedgehog and I saved the world. Good times.

Quote:I typically dream about bizarre places, crazy architecture that makes little sense, very strange goings-on, et cetera.

I occasionally get this. Like I find a part of my neighborhood I never noticed before and suddenly I've walked into a Lovecraft novel.

06-30-2014, 03:06 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I just dreamed that i was in a self-riding tractor, i just suddenly knew it would crash. And i woke up.

But after that, i went sleeping again and had a sex dream. I woke up then i was like: ''Wtf was i dreaming?''

TRUE STORY!

06-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I have two.

Spoiler below!

I was in this dorm-like complex. It has 2 floors with each floor having 5 rooms, so 10 in total. Each Room had windows with curtains on them. It's a small place, just enough to fit in a bed, a desk, and a cabinet.

I was in Room 6, near the stairwell. It was around midnight and no one was there. I go up the staircase and then unlocked the door then played with my phone for a while. Then I turned the lights and my phone off and then I slept.

But then, as I was going to fall asleep, I heard a metallic noise. It was from the stairs. I froze. A figure appeared in my window and he went back. Then the door starting moving violently.

And then I woken up. Damn it.

Spoiler below!

I ain't definitely telling you guys this.
But let's just say if it truly happened, my virginity would be lost.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-01-2014, 03:08 AM
Find