Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ELEUSIS
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
ELEUSIS

Hi,

yesterday I searched for new (point n click) horror games, because I really enjoyed Scratches and Dark Fall. And I found ELEUSIS! Well, it is not a point n click game, but it looks pretty good. Rather the gameplay is more like Amnesia instead Scratches. 3D movement with physics and exploration, and a huge focus on story.

There's also a retail DVD box for 7,99 euros. I just purchased the box and when I have it I will play the game and post a review here.

Never heard about the game before.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 11:37 AM by Googolplex.)
06-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: ELEUSIS

This game looks and sounds good, but the metascore doesn't.
Oh well, I shouldn't judge by reviews, I guess.
06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(06-29-2014, 03:25 PM)Red Wrote: This game looks and sounds good, but the metascore doesn't.
Oh well, I shouldn't judge by reviews, I guess.

You can read reviews but NEVER trust metacritic, it's full of paid reviews
06-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Oh, I red the reviews on amazon and they are good. One guy just gives 3/5 stars because the game is more mystery than scary.

I don't have any problems with mystery games - in contrary! I love them! And I don't expect a scary horror game like Amnesia. But just a game with atmosphere.
And it costs only very little money.Smile
06-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

I finally played ELEUSIS and I have to say that it is a very good horror game. Of course, you can not expect a scare fest like Amnesia (which is an unique masterpiece) or any of those other pacemakers, but you definitely can expect a very interesting and atmospheric mystery adventure.

It feels a bit like Slender when walking through the forest at night and the gameplay mechanics are very similar to any of the games from Frictional. You can pick up objects and throw them away etc.

As I said there is no horror like the torture chambers of Amnesia, but the game is quite scary and the puzzles are great! The playing time is about 6 hours. It is absolutely worth the money. So everyone who is waiting for SOMA should find a nice horror game in between times.

But you have to play alone, when it's dark and with headphones!
09-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Had played Eleusis quite some time ago and remember its very nice graphics (but it also ran extremely slow on my laptop GPU). Its focus lies mostly on atmosphere and adventure puzzles, not so much on horror. It is a bit similar to Amnesia in that it offers multiple endings and you do not encounter any other person in the whole game (for budget reasons obviously). All in all, recommendable.
09-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Find