Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's new?
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
So what's new?

It's been about a little less than a year since I released my custom story. Since then it's been translated into 2 languages and played by tons of let's players. I'm looking to ease back into the development scene. I want to make a legit game on unity or maybe Cryengine but I want to play with Amnesia a bit more. So right now I'm downloading the patch in this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23378.html and after that I'll work on transferring my AMFP files over. I get the feeling that making a custom story isn't like riding a bike and I'm gonna have to take a crash course to get re-acclimated, but I wanted to know if there is anything knew I should know about making custom stories. I'm aware that there are some new script functions to play with. I'd better get used to using basic bools and stuff again before I try anything new though.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: So what's new?

Just in case you use the new script functions, remember that other players need to have the new patch installed as well. Otherwise the functions will not work. Tongue
07-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

A few questions if anyone can help.

1: I created my dev environment (Funny enough I never did that for my last CS. My PC couldn't handle running the editor and game at the same time so I never bothered) but if I want to go back to playing regular amnesia for my LP channel, how do I do that?

2: If I use an AMFP item in my CS, how do I go about it when I release it? Will a player with AMFP be able to load it or do I need to put all AMFP objects I use in my custom story release folder? Am I legally allowed to release AMFP objects to players who haven't bought it themselves?

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

2. You need to put them manually and yes you're allowed to use the new assets.
07-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-17-2014, 01:56 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: 1: I created my dev environment (Funny enough I never did that for my last CS. My PC couldn't handle running the editor and game at the same time so I never bothered) but if I want to go back to playing regular amnesia for my LP channel, how do I do that?

Well, what I do is create 2 main_settings.cfg's. One is for the dev environment and the other is for normal gameplay. Name the edited one main_settings_dev.cfg and the normal one main_settings.cfg.

This way you can just swap them, if you want to go to dev, rename the normal one to main_settings_main.cfg and the other one to main_settings.cfg and you're all set. Do it in the reverse way if you want normal.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-17-2014, 05:20 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

Wats dev environment

07-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

An "environment" where you can test scripts, reload them, experiment with different lighting, flying through the map, etc.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
07-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Find

How do u get tat reload button since it doesnt show up on my level editor im using windows 8

07-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2014, 05:47 AM)victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Wrote: How do u get tat reload button since it doesnt show up on my level editor im using windows 8

You do that in game, not in the Level Editor. Here's how to do that.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
07-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Find

O finaly I dont hav to keep exiting and starting my cs over again

07-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Find