Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Jackal0021 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-20-2013, 01:47 PM)WIWWM Wrote: I wouldn't say he ruined the game for me, as i don't go out to watch his stuff. BUT he literally would ruin my whole experience if such things existed in AAMFP. I'm sure all his "bros" would love this, but consider everyone else who has played amnesia, do they get Easter eggs for themselves?

Do they have the highest subscribed channel on youtube? Adding easter egg of pewdiepie in Amnesia would be a great marketing tactic in all honesty simply because Amnesia is one of his favorite games and with more than 11 million people following him I'm pretty sure they will get a ton of people to buy the new title simply because he played it. I'm not saying "YO! YOU BITCHES BETTA PUT MY BRO UP IN THIS GAME!" I'm just saying it'll be smart and reward all the people who follow him and play Amnesia.
08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I think Frictional Games want their fanbase to buy and enjoy AAMFP because of AAMFP itself, not because of pewdiepie bonus material.

Please note that I do not hate pewdiepie, I did enjoy his first "let's plays" (Penumbra and ATDD).

08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Find
Jackal0021 Offline

(08-20-2013, 01:58 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I think Frictional Games want their fanbase to buy and enjoy AAMFP because of AAMFP itself, not because of pewdiepie bonus material.

Please note that I do not hate pewdiepie, I did enjoy his first "let's plays" (Penumbra and ATDD).

Well, I think all games want that.
But if there is a simple way of adding something like an easter egg into the game some where would make it more worthwhile for some people. Adding stuff like bonus content like TF2 items though would just make people buy the game just to get those items.... those TF2 hardcore players are serious about their items >__>, but with people doing just that even I mean hey that is more or less free money. A lot of titles have earned easily over 100k-500k more for simply adding TF2 items. Its stupid but I mean if it helps them make another game after this one I'm game. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM by Jackal0021.)
08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I think not adding pewdiepie related content is the best way for frictionalgames/thechineseroom to remain neutral and not piss anyone off.
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

PewDiePie is the worst thing to happen to Frictional Games. Sure he might have made them huge profits, but he's dragging the Amnesia name through the dirt imo.

Just the thought of him shouting "Nooo piggeh, don't rape meh!!!" in that dumb voice, which his fanbase will undoubtably find amusing, makes my skin crawl and want to rip my hair out with frustration.

I really wished he'd disappear, along with all those other Lets Players who thumbnail a picture of their stupid face screaming just to get more views and money.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM by pinkribbonscars.)
08-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
Jackal0021 Offline

(08-20-2013, 02:13 PM)The Mug Wrote: I think not adding pewdiepie related content is the best way for frictionalgames/thechineseroom to remain neutral and not piss anyone off.

Yeah. I am going to add this into the OP because, I made this thread as opinion related just to see what everyone thought of the idea and I created it thinking the same thing but still wanted this content. xD
08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Even IF FG wanted to do something like this which I seriously doubt, don't you think we're already too close to release date for this type of arrangement to come into place?

(08-20-2013, 02:15 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: PewDiePie is the worst thing to happen to Frictional Games. Sure he might have made them huge profits, but he's dragging the Amnesia name through the dirt imo.

Just the thought of him shouting "Nooo piggeh, don't rape meh!!!" in that dumb voice, which his fanbase will undoubtably find amusing, makes my skin crawl and want to rip my hair out with frustration.

I really wished he'd disappear, along with all those other Lets Players who thumbnail a picture of their stupid face screaming just to get more views and money.

As someone who's watched Pewdie for a very long time, I can tell you that he actually cares deeply about Amensia, and he's likely a very great person. He is definitely not in it for the money, and you'd have to be the most cynical person in the world to say all of it is "an act".

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Not in a million years.

08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Website Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(08-20-2013, 01:52 PM)Jackal0021 Wrote: Do they have the highest subscribed channel on youtube?

If that is your only criterion, why don't you suggest Tobuscus? Tongue
08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
Lama Offline

If I saw any easter egg reffering to PDP, I would just exit. I don't hate him, but your idea is just annoying. Imagine playing AAMFP, immersing into it and then suddenly notice famous statue with a name 'Stephano' below it. That. Would. Suck.
08-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Find