Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

You know you guys aren't painting a very good picture of Frictional's fanbase the way you constantly insult PDP and his own fans.

Let's be clear about this: YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN THEM. Quit acting like it.
08-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

I'm seriously disappointed that FG did this... they don't seem sorry that this happened; quite the opposite, one of the main devs made a thread to discuss the video, the first thread I've ever seen him make.

Maybe this isn't fair, but I see this as a sell-out. The devs set out to make something really special with aamfp, they talk considerably more about their artistic vision for the game and remarkably deep understanding of how to develop a horror game, and then they go and use PDP to market the game (pretty obvious, since PDP clearly had strict guidelines for how much he could show, those guidelines had to come from somewhere).

Is this really the guy you want to show off your game the weeks before it comes out? For fucks sake, the guy doesn't even know when the game is being released, he obvious doesn't give a shit about it anymore than yet another game to milk views out of.
08-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

(08-25-2013, 01:17 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: You make a good point; however, what I'm getting to is it annoys me that this 'snippet' of footage was released so damn soon, why two weeks before release - I can understand the marketing idea behind it - but what I can't understand is why so soon. It would make sense to release this footage at least a day or two before release so you don't have this gap before playing the game for yourself and so there's a chance to experience an encounter on your own.

So yes we have spoilerish content circulating the web two weeks prior to the release date, it doesn't make sense to me at all... All of this silence and all of this hush hush business about the development and then out of no where all of this content before we've had a chance to discover these things for ourselves; it's not a good feeling.

If you put it that way in the terms of "feelings" then nothing I say will likely change your mindset that much, because you're likely upset on a sentimental level.

Just saying that these sort of spoilerly things happen, and they WILL be on internet before you've had a chance to experience it like it, or not. If you're really concerned all I can say is be careful when browsing the web, and be extra-careful since these things seem to now be popping up everywhere. However seeing as you've already accidentally been spoiled..."I'm sorry for you, and be more careful in the future" is really all the comfort I'm able to offer.

Also, seeing near-finished content two weeks prior to release is hardly a strange thing. Many other games do this as well which also very well have the potential to spoil a portion of the game depending on what they show.

Here's a bit of personal experience: Dishonored's E3 Golden Cat walkthroughs. They showed off nearly half of the entire mission in that walkthrough (Which mind you was hardly unchanged from the released game MONTHS before release), and it greatly impacted my initial enjoyment of that level when I played it myself because I watched those walkthroughs tons of times, and knew everything that was coming. So in the future when the DLC extended gameplay footage was released I chose to stay away from them for fear of impacting my initial experience. There are some people who don't mind though, and would love to have a sneak peak at those missions. I don't blame them, and respect their decision.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-25-2013, 12:53 PM)Prelauncher Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 12:48 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I haven't actually watched this video at all, and don't know how revealing the video actually is, so take the below with a pinch of salt.

I actually don't see why a lot of people are getting so worked up about this. This could very well be similar to any other game's game devs showing off gameplay footage to their fans. It's always up to the fans if they want a sneak peak look at the game, or they would rather wait until they get to play it themselves, and experience it first-hand.

So really I don't see where a lot of the "Pewdie is spoiling alot!" talk is coming from seeing as what he's doing is akin to a standard gameplay sneak peak video. If you don't wish to be spoiled, then don't watch it, and be wary when you browse the internet.

This
That
08-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Well PDP was not the only one recieving it, according to TCR's tweets.
Well but im disappointed too. Not because they sent review copies to guys, but because Pew is overreacting in some scary events... He screams TOO loud and ruins the experience for others.

And now im mad at him because we will have to wait. Oh well but we waited for years now. A few weeks will be nothing compared to this.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-25-2013, 01:27 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: For fucks sake, the guy doesn't even know when the game is being released, he obvious doesn't give a shit about it anymore than yet another game to milk views out of.

I really have to disagree with you there completely. I've been a very long time viewer of Pewdie, and I can say he actually cares very very much about most of the game he plays, especially Amnesia, even if his behavior may sometimes demonstrate otherwise.

Image by BandyGrass
08-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(08-25-2013, 01:29 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Just saying that these sort of spoilerly things happen, and they WILL be on internet before you've had a chance to experience it like it, or not.

Not true at all, for indie games. The example you gave was a AAA game developed by hundreds of people and worth tens of millions, if not more. Of course something got leaked about that game. You can't say the same thing about indie games like Amnesia. I don't remember anything getting leaked about TDD before it came out.

The worst part is, this isn't really a "leak," the devs haven't mentioned it as such, and it should be pretty obvious that FG intended this to happen. They gave a "review copy" of a game who doesn't do reviews, and the guy had clear guidelines on how much he could show.
08-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-25-2013, 01:35 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: Not true at all, for indie games. The example you gave was a AAA game developed by hundreds of people and worth tens of millions, if not more. Of course something got leaked about that game. You can't say the same thing about indie games like Amnesia. I don't remember anything getting leaked about TDD before it came out.

The worst part is, this isn't really a "leak," the devs haven't mentioned it as such, and it should be pretty obvious that FG intended this to happen. They gave a "review copy" of a game who doesn't do reviews, and the guy had clear guidelines on how much he could show.

It's not common ground for indie games I agree, but I don't think that means we should treat the information as any more sacred than AAA games, and not allow any sort of gameplay footage.

Also the example I gave with Dishonored wasn't a leak. It was an intentional demo shown by the devs at E3 to showcase their game.

Image by BandyGrass
08-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(08-25-2013, 01:33 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 01:27 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: For fucks sake, the guy doesn't even know when the game is being released, he obvious doesn't give a shit about it anymore than yet another game to milk views out of.

I really have to disagree with you there completely. I've been a very long time viewer of Pewdie, and I can say he actually cares very very much about most of the game he plays, especially Amnesia, even if his behavior may sometimes demonstrate otherwise.

His behavior definitely demonstrates otherwise, like I said he didn't even know when the bloody game was being released. He spent a good 1/3 of the "scary montage" looking at a picture. As far as I know he's never complimented the game(s) on anything.

And doesn't what his behavior demonstrates matter most? This is basically a third trailer (as desperate as people have been for news) on the game, and it's a really low-brow one at that.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 01:41 PM by bluel0bster.)
08-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2013, 01:33 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:

Even if he has games where he pretends he plays serious.
Him playing serious is all an act I assure you.
08-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Find