Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Furguson, Missouri
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Furguson, Missouri

Quote:The defensive measures taken by the cops on the other hand, are made understandable by them

oh boy

anyways i told you im done here so

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 04:30 AM by Kman.)
08-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

my theory is that my post will get unnoticed inbetween the current conflict to which i know say "PENIS!!1!"

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-20-2014, 04:43 AM
Find
MrWhitticus Offline

Threads: 9

Quote:The defensive measures taken by the cops on the other hand, are made understandable by them

In other words
"If some people were politely and peacefully asking me to stop something or apologise, I'd shoot them and beat them and threaten them. Oh hey look, some of them are fighting back? Ooooohhhh how DARE they. I don't understand this is unacceptable"

*Careless Whisper saxophone solo*
08-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(08-20-2014, 04:55 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-20-2014, 04:30 AM)Kman Wrote:

oh boy

anyways i told you im done here so

"people throwing bricks and molotovs and looting buildings, damn this riot gear used by police is ott."

And yes, I know they were wearing it before, but you're probably saying I'm now justifying shooting, and Nazi's gassing jews or some shit. Get it out of your system, you might as well.

WAT

The initial attack on the protesters.... You saw the video as it happened surely?

The gear the police were using was almost identical to the gear the US Army uses, except replacing live ammo with rubber. Please tell me you're not defending the police's tactics here?

I am 100% confident that if the police didn't use their insane aggro tactics that this mess wouldn't have gotten quite so out of hand.

[Image: luv.gif]
08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

no but dude theres a pic of a guy with a molotov tho

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 11:22 AM by Kman.)
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Website Find
MrWhitticus Offline

(08-20-2014, 01:32 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I'm defending the use of riot shields and gear to protect themselves, but as I expected, any slight defense and: "YOU'RE JUSTIFYING THEM SHOOTING PEOPLE"

If you think that riot gear is over the top in that situation, then I regretfully tell you to go outside and actually get a bit of experience with life and how dangerous and scary even smaller situations like that are. Then come back and tell me how when bricks and glasses are being thrown at you, that riot shields are over the top.

There wouldn't BE bricks and glasses being thrown at them if they hadn't brought in gear to defend from rioting

Because, once again, the "rioting" side of the demonstration was caused by people feeling threatened when they were being shot with rubber bullets and threatened with tanks

08-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Website Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

(08-20-2014, 02:06 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: There wouldn't BE bricks and glasses being thrown at them if they hadn't brought in gear to defend from rioting

When shit hits the fan and people go apeshit, they will riot no matter what the opponent (police) is wearing. When things get serious, police MUST use proper gear for their own safety and that shouldn't be an excuse for even more violent rioting "b-but they're wearing riot gear, now I must be more violent for my own safety! I'm just defending myself!"
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 02:20 PM by Deep One.)
08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(08-20-2014, 01:32 PM)Robosprog Wrote: If you think that riot gear is over the top in that situation, then I regretfully tell you to go outside and actually get a bit of experience with life and how dangerous and scary even smaller situations like that are.

my last couple of cents on this thread

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Find
MrWhitticus Offline

(08-20-2014, 02:09 PM)Robosprog Wrote: A lot of the people throwing bricks and shit -weren't- from Ferguson, it is people coming from elsewhere in order to just deliberately cause trouble and take advantage, meaning that the police had to take defensive measures.

Are you fucking serious

This is what me and Kman have been saying the entire fucking time
Do not say that what the protesters are doing is wrong because the rebels aren't protesters

(08-20-2014, 03:20 AM)Robosprog Wrote: And we have -never- said that the rioters and looters are a representation of all protesters.

Yet now you say that they aren't protesters at all? We have stated and sourced time and time again that the the wrongdoers are not from Ferguson, not protesters, and are taking advantage. And you always said that we were wrong and that what they were doing justified the police's actions and so on and so forth. Now, you come outright and agree with us.

You confuse me, do explain

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 02:24 PM by MrWhitticus.)
08-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

The police went in to a peaceful protest with riot gear and heavy defence gear because they were the ones that started to attack, you would have had a point if there was already riots happening when they attacked the people, but I don't know what you're trying to say now.... Are you saying the police attacking the people and therefor inciting the riots was a good thing or what?

There was simply no need for it at that point in time and they made the situation worse.

[Image: luv.gif]
08-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Find