Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which game do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Five Night's at Freddy's
50.00%
3 50.00%
Five Night's at Freddy's 2
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Five Nights at Freddy's Megathread [FNAF4 released early as usual.]
MrWhitticus Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Five Nights at Freddy's

My sister's theory is that the security guard is a college student who's completely broke and needs cash and just doesn't give a fuck about the animatronics

They probably don't want to get fired because what the hell

*Careless Whisper saxophone solo*
09-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Website Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-04-2014, 02:25 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: My sister's theory is that the security guard is a college student who's completely broke and needs cash and just doesn't give a fuck about the animatronics

Your sister is awesome!

09-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Find
Kappa048487127 Offline

Threads: 7

Don't try to apply real world logic to video games.

[Image: h24AC2545]
09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(09-03-2014, 06:45 PM)AGP Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 04:34 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 07:29 AM)AGP Wrote: Can this please be a thing?!

Just imagine Tommy Wisseau running into the office being all like "Oh hai, Security Man!"
I would like to see "I did not hit her, it's not true! It's bullshit! I did not hit her! I did not. Oh hi, Mike." or "Your tearing me apart,Mike! as the game over sound when you get attacked by tommy.

Hells to the yes, this must happen!!

Instead of "It's me", it will be "That's me"

09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

(09-04-2014, 02:03 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I think that's typical of most horror games. Once you exhaust all of the possible "horror outcomes", and know what the game has to offer in terms of scariness, then the game gets significantly less scary.

Right. But good horror games pace themselves well and provide a variety in their scenarios. So that you don't 'exhaust the scares' by their end.

Then here's Five Nights At Freddy's. You can exhaust it by the end of the first night and then you're left with four more to go.

It's just, such obvious let's play fodder. It makes Slender look like a deep experience by comparison.
09-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-06-2014, 04:50 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: Right. But good horror games pace themselves well and provide a variety in their scenarios. So that you don't 'exhaust the scares' by their end.

That depends on the amount of content the horror game in question was designed with in mind. Games like Amnesia, or bigger budgeted titles were designed with a broader scope, so it takes longer for you to see all of what they have to offer

Five Nights at Freddy's is a very small, and cheap game, and it mostly tries to offer its content in a very small package which will give you a bit of thrills, and likely exhaust it really quickly. It's a very short experience which you can see all of in a short time, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

(09-06-2014, 04:50 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: Then here's Five Nights At Freddy's. You can exhaust it by the end of the first night

I know you're exaggerating, but just for the sake of it you actually literally cannot for reasons such as:

1. Foxy, and Freddy are not active yet.
2. The game is much easier, making it easier to not feel panicked in comparison to other later nights.
3. Certain Imagery cannot be seen on the first night.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

Lol, there's a girl across from me in the laundromat babbling about this game to her mom. Reminds me of me xD.

(09-04-2014, 02:25 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: My sister's theory is that the security guard is a college student who's completely broke and needs cash and just doesn't give a fuck about the animatronics

I always figured it was basically meant to be interpreted as 'the economy is in the toilet. Some people are so desperate for jobs they'll do whatever they can'.
Frankly, I think he'd have to be suicidal to work a job that puts his life at risk nightly for such a piddly amount of money.

... Or he's got a drug habit.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
09-07-2014, 02:33 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

He might not know that his life is at risk until he dies

[Image: p229xcq]
09-07-2014, 02:39 AM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

(09-07-2014, 02:39 AM)Froge Wrote: He might not know that his life is at risk until he dies

True, but he does get sort of a warning from the former employee in his messages. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that crazy shit is going down in that place. Granted, he could just be a total idiot, as well.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
09-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

This is just appeared on Scott's(the creator of FNAF) website:
Spoiler below!
[Image: fnaf2.jpg]
Website Link
I'm still not ready for Freddy....
09-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Find