Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Animation Issues
Vale Offline

Threads: 13
Animation Issues

Thought I posted this but I dont see it. :/
*So when I returned to this site my browser didn't automatically reload the page, so until I manually refreshed it, I didnt see my last post. Sorry about that, but feel free to delete that post since this one is more detailed.

Alright, so Im experiencing some issues animating a model to import into amnesia.
Its a statue related event where at a certain point a statue will raise its arms and it will keep them there.
This was my first attempt at rigging/animating, so its likely I'm just missing something.

the problem is, while the animation plays correctly in Blender (and maya for that matter,) it produces a distorted blob in hpl that doesnt animate at all as intended.

The statue I used as a base is statue_deformed_man, and the rig is only on the upper body. I used apply automatic weights for parenting, and used whole character insert for each frame with the pose tool.

I have included a compressed attatchment which contains a screenshot of the model in maya, blender, and in the hpl model viewer. It also contains a .dae and .blend of the model, and a text document which will detail over each object.

I exported the .dae as Mrbehemoth detailed in this post https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-25856.html
which didnt change anything.

So some help would be greatly appreciated, I've been playing with this thing for more than a good 7 hours.
Thanks!

Attached Files
.rar   animated_statue.rar (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 60)
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM by Vale.)
08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Animation Issues

Wrote this in your previous thread so just gonna copy what I wrote there. Avoid making double threads though Tongue

I'm surprised that you managed to even import the animation into HPL2 with the dae_fbx format (I'm guessing you're using the beta patch? And even if you are, isn't it ONLY dae format or FBX supported? I'm not completely sure). Anyway, I would advice using the original dae format but since you said that your mesh gets bent and all messed up I'm pretty sure that you haven't normalized your weights which you should. The option to do that is located in skin/edit smooth skin. Try that and see if it fixes the issue!

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
08-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Find
Vale Offline

Threads: 13

Alright, that seemed to work. I have a few other issues to iron out, but I know how to fix those. So thank you very much!
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 04:17 AM by Vale.)
08-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Glad I could help!

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
08-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Find