Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Error when Uninstalling Overture: Haptx
captainvic Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Error when Uninstalling Overture: Haptx

I am trying to uninstall Penumbra: Overture Haptx Edition and I get an error:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (615)
PAPPTongueenumbra: Overture - HaptX Edition
PVENDOR:Frictional Games (##ID_STRING6##)
PGUID:EFE57636-9250-4965-8610-00532DCF7AB2
$14.0.0.162
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16764

After this, I get a windows error box saying that it may not have uninstalled correctly. It never is removed from my programs list, and is apparently still installed. I can uninstall over and over again with no apparent effect. I have software that's literally "stuck" on my system now.

System specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 32
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
3gb Ram
Geforce 8800 GTX

I was trying to reinstall in the hope that it might correct the other issue I was having. This is turning into a really big mess...

Does anyone have some advice for me?
03-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Error when Uninstalling Overture: Haptx

Don't have much advice to give, we didn't create the haptx installer so unfortunately have no information about it.

Have you tried to install the game again without trying to uninstall first?

You could also try to manually delete all files, perhaps search for penumbra, frictional and haptx and then delete those files that you find that seems to be deletable. If unsure skip it. At least as far as Penumbra goes it installs in two places, the game folder by default in Program Files and then after running the game, in My Documents you'll find a Penumbra Overture folder. They can both safely be deleted.
03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Website Find
captainvic Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Error when Uninstalling OvertuHaptx

(03-09-2009, 08:26 AM)jens Wrote: Don't have much advice to give, we didn't create the haptx installer so unfortunately have no information about it.

Have you tried to install the game again without trying to uninstall first?

You could also try to manually delete all files, perhaps search for penumbra, frictional and haptx and then delete those files that you find that seems to be deletable. If unsure skip it. At least as far as Penumbra goes it installs in two places, the game folder by default in Program Files and then after running the game, in My Documents you'll find a Penumbra Overture folder. They can both safely be deleted.

I will give your suggestion a try and post my results.

Also, Haptx still has not answered me on this issue. I don't expect much from them; all I could find was an "info@haptx.com" email. There is no support contact info on the website.
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Find
captainvic Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Error when Uninstalling Overture: Haptx

Additional info:

I have deleted the folders, and ran the installation executable. I realized that by running this, a different uninstall wizard initiated, which was able to uninstall the game just fine. After reinstalling, and testing the game BEFORE patching, it works immediately with the Falcon.

The problem must be related to Patch 1.2. As soon as I install the patch, the Falcon stops working with Overture.

By the way, I finally got a response from Haptx. They offered little help, and only asked for more information. I sent a reply with such, and also mentioned my discovery about the patch. I will update when I get an email back from them.
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

captainvic:
The 1.2 patch, where did you find that?
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Find
captainvic Offline

(03-09-2009, 08:27 PM)Thomas Wrote: captainvic:

Two places:

1) It auto-downloads, through N Vent.
2) You can find it also on Haptx.com (http://www.haptx.com/gamedownloads/Penum...ch_1_2.exe)

(Also, I apologize for this turning into two threads. I originally created this one because it was a separate issue. Feel free to merge the two if you wish.)
03-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Find
Archimago Offline

Threads: 0

(03-09-2009, 10:15 PM)captainvic Wrote:
(03-09-2009, 08:27 PM)Thomas Wrote: captainvic:

Two places:

1) It auto-downloads, through N Vent.
2) You can find it also on Haptx.com (http://www.haptx.com/gamedownloads/Penum...ch_1_2.exe)

(Also, I apologize for this turning into two threads. I originally created this one because it was a separate issue. Feel free to merge the two if you wish.)

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a resolution?
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Find
kamrentailor Offline

Threads: 0

Hi
I thing some file missing in your game than problem to Uninstalling. First you should install the game after you have try the Uninstalling the game. May be solve your problem..
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Find