Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should Scotland become independant?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
5 45.45%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Can of worms: Scottish Independence
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Can of worms: Scottish Independence

Interesting points. I didn't know of those incidents (because there's no such thing as news here apparently). Because my views are from the outside, they're probably very different, so I tend to side with my Scottish friends, thinking they probably know better than me.

I also saw public videos of people rioting, some resorting to violence. What I don't understand is that the Union-voters were the violent ones, even though their side won.

Because the outcome was so even, I fear that there will be many butthurt losers and cocky winners. The riots so far haven't been too serious as far as I know, but I feel like this splits Scotland's people in half. The independece-voters are probably going to stick to their vote, just like the Union-voters. If the vote had been somewhere along the lines of 30/70 % then the losers wouldn't feel very empowered because the majority would be against them. But because of this 50/50 situation, they know there are equal amounts of passion on either side. There are always people who didn't vote for whatever reason, and the independece-voters are probably going to assume they'd vote for them and blame that as the reason they lost.

But again, because the riots so far haven't been very serious, they might not escalate any further. I think the most serious ones would occur early on unless there's a reason for it to wait. So even though there are a lot of things that can happen, I think the most likely thing is just a "riots die off and life goes on as normal" sorta thing.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 02:38 PM by Mudbill.)
09-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Find