Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hpl Model Editor.. How?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Hpl Model Editor.. How?

i pressed LT but really... nothing happens ??
09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

1. Click button named LT
2. Hold Alt
3. Click mousewheel
4. Move around the camera
5. Voila

Derp.
09-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

ugh...
i know this alreadyy!!
this is not the problem -_-
i... want to make a BIG map...
but if i zoom out..
CTRL Mousewheel i have a limit... it stops if i am far ( like in the picture )
is it possible to go FARTHER... or WALK/MOVE in the level editor like you can do in Mapview...
i know what Mousewheel is... i use
CTRL (mouse) and mousewheel ...
i know this ... for the... idk time..
but i can't make a BIG map... that's the problem... isn't there a function to MOVE ...in place of zoom-in/out ? just move like mapview...
Even amnesia the dark descent have a BIG map... there is one map... it is SO BIG you even CAN'T reach the Other h
Place in level-editor ?! how is this possible.. making SOO big map...
09-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

When you say, you want to make big maps, what do you mean? Smile

You want to make them higher?
There's a small number next to the magnet, in the lower left corner. Try changing it to 4. or 8. Or maybe even 12. It'll change the height on what you're building.

You cannot zoom out further than the limitation is. But you can change the height by doing, exactly what i just told you up there ^_^

I'm guessing this is what you're asking.
You're not very clear, when you say you want to create a big map.

Try to explain what you want to do, and not what you want the end result to be Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
09-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Thanks!! but that was not exactly what i mean....
thankyou , i learned now how to build on heights... first i didn't know this Big Grin
but i mean... to make a big map... see the picture?! i want to progress further... but i can't... it's too.. Weird ?! there is a limitation.. but how did the other peoples build big Maps?! (not with floors or something) but so big like...if you played premonition... the streets... i even can't reach the other side on level editor... or TEnebris lake... one BIG map... or just the NORMAL amnesia The dark descent... where it is so big... i can only reach the Castle room... but there is ALOT of things right behind the screens where ican't go to look... (can't see it , only camera view...) it's too big Sad i want to make big maps to... isn't there a option to walk like mapview? that's the most easy thing for the level editor of all Big Grin
09-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

No, you cannot walk, like in mapview. It is not an option.

But to reach other parts of the map you can hold Alt+Middle mouse to move around. This will move the whole your view to another part of the map.

Trying is the first step to success.
09-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

how do u hpl
09-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

i know that.... but if i go it's going to one VIEW so i can't see the back , the back i can only see if i turn the whole map... but no one understands e Sad is there i video where someone makes a BIG map... but i still cannot tell.. how did they Made so big maps! like DnAlange did (streets) or orginal amnesia the place where you need to go to the cellar,laboratory... that big maps....i even't can't reach there.. What i do.. if i zoom out... nothing happens it's too big... i hope later there will be a tutorial how to build BIG worlds like the other makers did....
09-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You don't need to see the whole map at once to be able to make a big map. Yes, there is a limit to how far out you can zoom, but you can still move everywhere around the level. Hold the alt key down, then use M1 (left mouse button) to rotate, M2 (right mouse) or scroll wheel up and down to zoom and M3 (middle mouse (press mouse wheel down)) to pan the camera (as in move it around the level).

If you need to move up, use the grid option. You can use the LT button to lock the pivot point of the camera to the grid or not.

Lastly, there's the F key. If you select something, you can press F to make the camera focus on that object by placing the grid on the object's level and zooming in. You can also use ctrl+F to find a certain object and focus it.

Other than that, I don't think there are other ways you can navigate, but why would you need anything else? You don't seem to be able to explain your problem well enough for us to give you a solution.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 05:16 PM by Mudbill.)
09-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Quote:the back i can only see if i turn the whole map...
That is the "problem" everybody has.
There is just NO button to rotate 360 degreas \ 180 degrease..
You just need to ALT-> Middlemouse or ALT-> Rightmouse and move your mouse around..
Like that..
That's how we all do..
Also me, those streets, i jusst move piece by piece..
AND if i need to check something quick, i do it like this ;
ALT+MIDDLEMOUSEBUTTON CLICK IT!
Then move your mouse farward..
Then you can (FLY) around the map.
ALWAYS turn LT ON ( ON -> ON is when you see the LT is IN that little swuary thingy. )
IF you have NOT turned it On, you will go UP \ DOWN.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 05:30 PM by DnALANGE.)
09-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Find