Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/config'
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 9 Years, 5 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/config'
I think a parameter is passed to the game from steam, so check and remove it. Can also be worth to make sure the game install has not edited config and files, that they are original and also to remove the config files from documents/amnesia/ to make sure the game uses default settings.
09-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Website Find
Out of Planet
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 5 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/config'
I did not found any parameter of the game on steam, and also deleted the config files from documents/amnesia/ and keeps giving the same error. Could you provide me the file config.hps? I'm almost giving up trying to make it work. Thanks for the replies.
09-26-2014, 01:12 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
There is no such file so it indicates that something has been edited or perhaps a total conversion been installed or something that makes it want a file that is not part of the original install.

Try to uninstall the game and then go to the Steam folder commonapps and check so that there is no Amnesia folder left, if there is then manually remove the whole folder. After that remove any settings files you have in documents/amnesia/ and then install the game again to make sure you have a clean install.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 07:28 AM by jens.)
09-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Website Find
Out of Planet
Unregistered

I uninstalled the steam and delete the game files into documents, and worked. Thanks. I fix it.
09-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.