Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Lang file doesn't work :(
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
English Lang file doesn't work :(

my lang file doesn't work?! my story description doesn't show anymore and all other things... this happened when i tried to (Copy/Paste) the Deathtext thing...

My file

PHP Code: (Select All)
<LANGUAGE>
    <
CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
        <
Entry Name="Description">Jij bent Marcoeen edele manjij hebt iets gehoord over het Duistere plekken... over de Haunted Massive Masylumje neemt een kijkje in dit mooie *plek*! [br] [brMaar het gaat mis je viel in slaap en had ene nachtmerrie... en toen werd je in een RARE kamer wakker....</Entry>
    </
CATEGORY>
<
CATEGORY Name="Inventory"
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_sleutel">A key to exit you´re house!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_sleutel">New Key</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_sleutel1">Key for the Witness... of this place!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_sleutel1">Key of Witness</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_sleutel2">Key for a houseMaybe i can go to the mallthrough the house.</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_sleutel2">Key for a house.</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Cellar">this is a beautiful key!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Cellar">a Key</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Cellarkey">A key to open one of these cellar doors</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Cellarkey">Cellar Key</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Acidkey"A key for one of these doors?</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Acidkey">A key!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Minigame">You can play a Minigame with this key!!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Minigame">Minigame Key</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Drill">Drill</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Drill">This is a drill.</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemName_Test">Test</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="ItemDesc_Test">This is a test drill.</Entry>
</
CATEGORY>

<
CATEGORY Name="Journal">
        <
Entry Name="Quest_note_Text">Go outside and find your wifeWatch outit's dangerous.</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Quest_03FireQuest_Text">There is a chest... i need to Extinguish that fire.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note_Name">Kidnapped</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note_Text">Darling , I'
m not home for a few hoursYou can invite your friends to come over and have funI'm going to go shopping, and for security there is 1 key (for exit) hidden somewhere behind the walls... To turn the walls, you need to push 4 buttons! I'm taking the other keyBye *kiss*</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Note_note1_Name">Amnesia Report FileMarco</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="Note_note1_Text">NameMarco [brAge23 [brEmailMarco603@*****.com [br] [brMarco was a good boy, or manhe growed up as the golden standardbut... After September 12th 1990 he forgot everything![brNot everyone knows how.. But Alice (his wifeknow the truth!</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Note_note2_Name">Pigs... need to escape...</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="Note_note2_Text">The pigs... the monsters... They are all herethey wait for methey want to eat me... it's not safe... not safe... NOT SAFE!!! [br] [br] [br] [br] The pigs got them! the pigs got her... The pp..pig..s Got.... A girl named...</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Note_note3_Name">The Bad Discussion.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note3_Text"-30 September 1941 [br] [br] [br]What do you want from me?! i didn'
do anythingPlease leave me alone!!!! SHUT UPYou need to come with meyou need to test my things. (another personSirwhat is your plan? [br] [br] [br] [brThe girls is screaming and cryingthe peoples are talkingbut what is the plan?! of that evil manNo one knows.</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Note_note4_Name">They got Killed too?</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="Note_note4_Text">Sirwhat should we do?! There are pigs everywhereThey want to kill usWho created this things?? [br] [brDon't be scared. i have a great plan for this.. (Evil Laugh) [br] [br] wh...what do you mean? Sir. [br] [br] Please! just leave me here! please! I don't want to die!! And my children... He is young for thisPlease let us go!!!</Entry>
        <
Entry Name="Note_note5_Name">Terrible place!</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="Note_note5_Text">T..t...they G..got us... [br] [br] [brThey killed us! [brHurryget outget out of this fucking place! [br] [brTerrible place! if.. if they catch you... you will die.... or maybe... not... [br] [br] [brFrom Clinq To :Someone who picks the note.</Entry>
</
CATEGORY>

<
CATEGORY Name="Sign">
                <
Entry Name="Door">The door is locked.</Entry>
                <
Entry Name="Door2">This door is lockedI think i can go to the Mall through this house..</Entry>
                <
Entry Name="CellarDoor">The boards are blocking the doorMaybe i need a hammer?</Entry>
                <
Entry Name="CellarDoor2">The door doesn't have a lock? So i don't need a key for itBut what do i need then?</Entry>
                <
Entry Name="Sign">I don't have to go upstairs.</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign2">I can'
t pickup the hammer... there's fire.</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign3">I better begin with the barrel downstairs. This is the explosive. the barrel downstairs give me the liquid to expand the *explosion*</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign4">Cellar Of Haunted Massive Masylum.</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign5">To : Old Kitched</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign6">To : Mount Massive Asylum Hallway 2</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign7">The tv is red. That means the electricity is off. you can turn it on in the basement. (if the tv is green it means the electricity is on.)</Entry>
                <Entry Name="Sign8">Machine Parts.</Entry>
        </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">                          
      <Entry Name="Popup1">*breath* wh.. What was that?[br] A monster in my house! This is Terrible!</Entry> 
      <Entry Name="Popup2">Wattehell is going on? vases on ground? just like Vase Party? i really can'
t remember where i am... is this my... friends housedid i fell too hardmy head... ach... i think i forgot Everything!</Entry>  
      <
Entry Name="Popup3">What?! Dead Peoples.... I think i'm dreaming...Blood on ground?! everything is going bad in the cellar... i need to escape fast. My wife...</Entry>                      
      <Entry Name="UsedHammer">My Hammer Broke.</Entry> 
      <Entry Name="NotAllParts">First, i need to get all the parts.</Entry>                                        
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name=“DeathCategory”>
      <Entry Name=“Hint1”>Don'
die. Think about you're wife.</Entry>
        </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE> 

i tried everything :S (not everything but most things)
10-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: English Lang file doesn't work :(

Something is happening when you use '
Try deleting them.

Trying is the first step to success.
10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

time ago it was the problem of ” by my script file... i'm going to try it , thanks..
10-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

<Entry Name="ItemDesc_sleutel">A key to exit you´re house!</Entry

For one, the word should be your, but if you ever need to use you're, use the apostrophe sign ' and not the accent sign ´

The use of this sign might also be an issue, because this sign isn't supposed to be used alone, but rather in combination with another letter. It makes é á ó etc.

10-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Find
Viper85626 Offline

Threads: 6

(10-06-2014, 08:13 PM)Mudbill Wrote:

For one, the word should be your, but if you ever need to use you're, use the apostrophe sign ' and not the accent sign ´

The use of this sign might also be an issue, because this sign isn't supposed to be used alone, but rather in combination with another letter. It makes é á ó etc.

It shouldn't matter though right? It's just a string of text after all. It's not executing code or anything. I have a bunch of apostrophes in my text entries and they all work perfectly fine.
10-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(10-07-2014, 08:28 AM)Viper85626 Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 08:13 PM)Mudbill Wrote:

It shouldn't matter though right? It's just a string of text after all. It's not executing code or anything. I have a bunch of apostrophes in my text entries and they all work perfectly fine.

It will change something, if the .lang file is seeing it as an important symbol that changes the code.
Then it DEFINITELY matters.

There's a difference between this ' and this ´ and that's what's important here!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 09:17 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Apostrophies are fine to use.

10-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Ow... thanks Mudbill and other who tell this..
but i don't think it's the problem of this.. because this happened right after i paste this

<CATEGORY Name="DeathCategory">
<Entry Name="Hint1"></Entry>
</CATEGORY>

then it stopped working... so i erased it, and it still doesn't work?!?!
and yes i'm not good at english :S (Dutch)
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Find
Posting Freak

If you delete it, and it still doesn't work, it's not the problem.

If you delete it, and it works again, you deleted the problem.

So this is clearly not the problem. You must've editted something else.

10-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Lo... got some Mindf :S
my LANG FILE worked the most times.... it's not 100% that it's by the deathtext but i added some things. firstly. 2 notes were EMPTY.. i added something in it.... (not 3 and 4 ((i think)))
and then later i added DEathhint. and then i tried to test it. but it doesn't show my custom story description and nothings works. like the door.. If i click on it the locked-message doesn't appear , notes are emtpy, everything Sad i erased it, but it still doesn't work??!!? is the problem by the end?!

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">                          
      <
Entry Name="Popup1">*breathwh.. What was that?[brA monster in my houseThis is Terrible!</Entry
      <
Entry Name="Popup2">Wattehell is going onvases on groundjust like Vase Partyi really can't remember where i am... is this my... friends house? did i fell too hard? my head... ach... i think i forgot Everything!</Entry>  
      <Entry Name="Popup3">Huh? Electric? Is there a laboratory here somewhere...</Entry>                      
      <Entry Name="UsedHammer">My Hammer Broke.</Entry> 
      <Entry Name="NotAllParts">First, i need to get all the parts.</Entry>                                        
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE> 

This is the final part of my lang file. and the 2 notes are here.

<Entry Name="Note_note3_Name">The Bad Discussion.</Entry>
    <
Entry Name="Note_note3_Text"-30 September 1941 [br] [br] [br]What do you want from me?! i didn't do anything! Please leave me alone!!!! SHUT UP! You need to come with me, you need to test my things. (another person) Sir, what is your plan? [br] [br] [br] [br] The girls is screaming and crying. the peoples are talking. but what is the plan?! of that evil man. No one knows.</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Note_note4_Name">They got Killed too?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note4_Text">Sir, what should we do?! There are pigs everywhere. They want to kill us! Who created this things?? [br] [br] Don'
t be scaredi have a great plan for this.. (Evil Laugh) [br] [brwh...what do you meanSir. [br] [brPleasejust leave me herepleaseI don't want to die!! And my children... He is young for this! Please let us go!!!</Entry> 

it's Really long. and wierd. i know my english isn't good. but is it possible that the problem is in the notes?
(the names are good in-level editor, because firstly the notes Name was : LATER and the Text was COMING LATER and it worked)

Weird*
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 06:48 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
10-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Find