Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

When buying collection; it froze; got charged twice
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago When buying collection; it froze; got charged twice

Hello everyone, long time no talk (or type or whatever). I had purchased the collection for someone, and it froze while processing. After a good five minutes I thought I'd try it again, I noticed the collection was still in my shopping cart so I thought I'd be safe in trying again. I was wrong. I got charged twice. Am I S.O.L. or is there some way in removing one of those?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM by Greatred.)
05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: When buying collection; it froze; got charged twice

Give the extra to a friend..? = )

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: When buying collection; it froze; got charged twice

Contact esellerate, I think you got some information with the purchase on how to do that. We only received one set of order, so can't access or do anything about it I'm afraid, but not to worry in the past esellerate has fixed similar situations very quickly.
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

to windexglow: A thought but most of my friends use Windows and this is a Linux copy.

To Jens: Thanks for the help and all.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM by Greatred.)
05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Find
Tels Offline

Threads: 0

(05-09-2009, 09:55 PM)jens Wrote: Contact esellerate, I think you got some information with the purchase on how to do that. We only received one set of order, so can't access or do anything about it I'm afraid, but not to worry in the past esellerate has fixed similar situations very quickly.

I too tried to buy the game via your online store (after playing the linux demo Smile

However, the "checkout site" didn't load for like 3 minutes, so I noticed I had accidentily the scripts blocked in Firefox. After unblocking them, NoScript reloaded the page (oops?). After waiting again like 5 minutes, I landed at a page that says:

https://store6.esellerate.net/store/chec...gOrder.htm

Quote:Please wait while your order is processed...

Order processing typically occurs in seconds, but can take up to two minutes,
depending on your payment method.

However, nothing more happens, it is finished loading, no email arrived and I got no further info and no buttons to click on that page (it is all just one image and text).

So, how do I now access my download or contact esellerate? And was my card accidentily billed twice? Huh

Edit: Never mind, seconds after I submitted the post a confirmation email arrived Smile
Edit #2: The main page refers to this forum link, which is no longer valid: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=19
Likewise, some of the trailer downloads refer to filefront.com, which no longer exists Smile

Thanx for creating this exceptional game, as a big Thief (and TDM!) fan I like it very much!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM by slayerboy.)
05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Find