Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor crashes when loading a map!
hewiefreeman
Unregistered

Sad  Level Editor crashes when loading a map!

Hey,
I believe this is my first time posting here, so hello community! I've been working on a custom story for a couple weeks (been playing amnesia for years and made one other story before with this same install) and now all of a sudden the level editor crashes when I try to load any map (mine or even original story maps). Here's there error I get:

[Image: Untitled.png]

Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated!

Nevermind, it does load other maps my mistake... But just doesn't load the maps from this project I'm working on now!
10-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52
RE: Level Editor crashes when loading a map!

Maybe you have some custom objects on map that level editor can't load or something ?

10-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Find
hewiefreeman Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks for the suggestion Strax, But I fixed it. I finally found out where the map editor error logs were located and the problem was that a few of my custom entities' material images didn't have correct dimensions. Changed them to 512x512, and everything loaded up in a flash.

Though what remains a mystery is that it's been using the bad images for weeks and then all of a sudden throws me the error to change them. Was this with the recent update?
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 11:01 AM by hewiefreeman.)
10-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

No, but certain materials are more sensitive to it than others. It was likely just a coincidence.

10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Find
SwordLion Offline

Threads: 1

Here is the answer: First if you are using development installation(debug mode) then your map files saved into maps/yourmap folder right? Then delete the .cache file and all node files then open your map normally in debug mode and all of your caches should be restored and you are ready to open your map in level editor.If you dont use debug mode and this error happens there is nothing to solve this.
10-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Actually, deleting the cache would likely do minimal. Cache loading is for the game when requiring a faster compile for the map, which benefits low end PCs when entering a map for a second time.

In map development, it may cause the Level Editor to, for whatever reason, load up the cached map - however is more a problem when you are running Amnesia and testing your map. Loading up the cached map may disregard any changes made in the Level Editor.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Find