Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serious Request! In search of SERIOUS team members for unity horror project
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Serious Request! In search of SERIOUS team members for unity horror project

(10-21-2014, 03:44 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Well, considering you haven't really shown anything, there's not much to attract people. Unity is advanced stuff, and spending time on a game as if it's your job (except you aren't paying anyone?) is gonna turn people off. People could expect to get paid a lot of money for the work you're requesting. And someone who already has school/work isn't gonna have much time to spend on a project like this.

Just imagine if someone were to work for you for half a year, developing this game with you, and then you became bad friends and bailed each other. What happens next? Will your co-worker have wasted 6 months of their life?

I'm probably looking at this a bit too critical. I have some bad experiences myself. It's just something to keep in mind.

You should try making your offer more appealing though.

This is exactly my thought as well.
10-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

These are good arguments indeed!
My English... cmon guys, don't blame me for that..
It''s not superb but it is understandable for all of you here i suppose minus 1... Wink
For the game, i am searching for people who can\are familiour with the following;
1; Making Models in Blender of Maya.
2; Used to work in Photoshop.
3; Can create (basic) mapping - We will progress while making maps.
4; People who DO have some spare time..
5; Scripter \ coder.
-
I can''t show too much atm, but will upload some features later, when there is magnificently more progress.
-
Team now =
1; DnALANGE .. Me heehee...
2; Umbakarna.. From the mod ; Destiny Rebellion (Amnesia)
3; Open
4; Open
5; Open
---
About Payment, Offcourse people will get payed, when the project is growing, we will talk as a team and see what we can do about that.
When the project is finished, everybody will get his\her share. defided how much people will work on this great project!
-
Hopefully there are some people who want to think about it or might be interested, be free to PM me and i will explane a bit more.
That''s it for now.
More posts if there is actual footage or progress.

Thanks all!
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 11:52 AM by DnALANGE.)
10-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

So you're the "idea guy"?
10-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Nope.
I will be the (a) Mapper \ storyline \ planner \ will script eventually (need some more help\experience, but getting there)
I will be the guy who will lead the project, but on the other hand, we are working on this Together!
So if anybody has some good ideas, we speak about it together as a team, and we will make decisions as a team.
10-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

(10-24-2014, 11:51 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: About Payment, Offcourse people will get payed, when the project is growing, we will talk as a team and see what we can do about that.

I guess what your saying is that if/when the project makes any money, the profits will be split, not that people will be paid a salary. It seems very risky, both financially and in terms of your project getting finished, to ask people to commit before working out contracts.

Don't get me wrong - I wish you the best of luck. I will be starting on similar projects in the near future. But I wouldn't expect anyone else to commit time and money (time = money) to my projects without contracts and salaries, at least not for any more work than could be completed as a hobby in their spare time.

Also, Lange, I wouldn't criticise your English (you know I defended you on ModDB when someone else was hating on you for your English) but I would point out that, language aside, being a designer and project lead needs excellent communication skills. If you want to make a go of this, my advice is to keep developing those. Just saying.

Like I said, best of luck to you.

10-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Anyone that is considering joining dnalange's team, I would suggest to read these forum posts (post #96 onwards)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ge-10.html

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
10-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(10-25-2014, 09:29 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Anyone that is considering joining dnalange's team, I would suggest to read these forum posts (post #96 onwards)

Thing is, you can't be 100% sure who says the truth. HumiliatioN as well as DnALANGE might be not telling us 100% proof.

For example, if I create a map and give it to someone but I will tell him not to use it in his project, and the guy who got my map puts it shamelessly on forums or moddb, can someone except me and the other guy know who originally made the map?

I'm not 100% sure if it's a good idea to judge either HumiliatioN or DnALANGE if we don't have enough solid evidences. It's a case between those two guys.
10-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Hey DnALANGE, heb je bewijs? Dat moeten we echt hebben.

English: Hey DnALANGE, do you have proof? We really need it.

10-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

(10-25-2014, 10:14 PM)Lazzer Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 09:29 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Anyone that is considering joining dnalange's team, I would suggest to read these forum posts (post #96 onwards)

Thing is, you can't be 100% sure who says the truth. HumiliatioN as well as DnALANGE might be not telling us 100% proof.

For example, if I create a map and give it to someone but I will tell him not to use it in his project, and the guy who got my map puts it shamelessly on forums or moddb, can someone except me and the other guy know who originally made the map?

You missed the point: it is not about who is right or wrong in this matter. It is merely posted here as a reference for what people may stumble upon when joining this team.

It is visually the same process that every job interviewer and interviewee follows before the actual conversation occurs: you gather information about the individual; and try to assess that information to increase your chances of success. And if you believe that they do not Google your name before the interview (anywhere), you have a lack of information.

If you are invited to a job interview for a fashion shop, but, after some information gathering, you find out that the owner has bankrupted 3 of his previously established shops: the chances are relatively high of him bankrupting this shop aswell and leaving you unemployed. If you would be clever enough to gather some information and assess that information, you might have thought that "it didn't feel right" and you would have discarded it and might possibly be working in a company that performs quite well.

Quote:I'm not 100% sure if it's a good idea to judge either HumiliatioN or DnALANGE if we don't have enough solid evidences. It's a case between those two guys.

Anyone that would not take the time to critically think, read (or listen) would agree with you. In other words, "surface listening."

What you are saying is the following:
You come across your colleague Fred in the hallway. You: "Hi Fred, How are you?"
Fred frowns, look down, shifts his weight uncomfortable, seems to be hunting for words and then says quietly, without eye contact "Uh, fine, I guess." And then, he collects himself takes a breath, and looks you in the eye as he determinedly, but not convincingly , says a little louder "I'm, uh, fine. How are you?"

So how is Fred? His words say "I'm fine". Great, Fred is fine. If you are just surface listening, you can draw that conclusion.
If you actually took the time to critically assess the information given to you, and pay attention to Fred's body language, subtle facial expressions, tone of voice and gestures, you might hear a very different message:
"Actually, I am not fine. I have a serious problem that I think I might want to discuss with you. But I won't do that unless I get some kind of commitment from you that you really care about my problem, because it is kind of a personal issue. If you don't want to get involved, though, I won't bother you with it, and I'll just pretend that everything is okay". That is all that Fred was saying with "I'm fine".

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 12:11 PM by ZyLogicX.)
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Hm...
I see the point of ZyLogicX.
BUT, Don''t just get older mesages out now, you precisely get the posts me and Humiliation had problems with.
With my mod Premonition, we worked together and he stopped working on it and he DID gave me permission to use his maps...
THEN i even changed the 2 maps he gave me, and for the last time, he IS credited for it..
Then smtill he is asuming i stole stuff...
Stop geting that old post back please.
---
About the rest, i do agree it is hard to get the feeling about a new game.
People these days want to have money\payed for everything they do.
This will be the same.
ONLY i can''t just pay in front to let''s say 5 team members.
If i could i already had a game made earlyer.
It is totally free to join and the earnings will be devided by the amounth of teammembers.
I will be responsible for the game at first, but still, we will do everything as a team.
let''s forget about the money now, because i think that''s also what ZyLogicX is trying to say; TRUST.
We might be able to set up some contracts before a teammeber will join.
We will decide if we have enough members.
--
I hope this is a little more understood now.
If not be free to PM me or add me on Skype ; redmaster12345
I don' want another flamewar on a thread i created.
Thanks @ all!
10-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Find